Bond...crushed? :'(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Haven't posted in a while because Phoebe and Buster have been doing great and business has been keeping me busy too, but last night I was watching a movie and they were in the dining room and I heard lots of racket and claws on the laminate so I looked over and in the dim light I saw the two of them flipping and flopping around!!! Fighting!!!! :O so I ran in and scooped up the first rabbit I saw and it was Phoebe, so I brought her to the couch and let her sit down with me for about 10 minutes...she had no wounds, but was stress shedding..bad. So later I brought her back to the room because it was time for their supper anyway. I put her down, got the bowls ready, cleaned up the load of fur and watched them eat and asked them if they were scared or if they got mad at each other...they didn't answer so I went to finish my movie. Low and behold after I left and the food was gone, another fight! So this time I grabbed Buster and he had a freaking hole in his ear!!! Not just an earring could fit but a gauge could fit in it! It just missed the vein so it wasn't bleeding nor was it bleeding profusely but it was still a cut so I put some bacitracin on it. I set up an X-pen and put him in it for the night. He tried to bite her through the bars but couldn't so I went to sleep. This morning I let them try again except I stayed to watch for 30 minutes and I found out that Buster got tired of Phoebe asking (more like demanding) to be groomed and so he got fed up and went crazy and grabbed on to her butt and she grabbed on to his butt and I literally had to pull them apart! No wounds just fur gone but OMG, what do I do?!?!?!

Katie, saw this on your blog and am gutted. I´m sure you will be able to get them back together but you may just have to rewind and use some of your old bonding areas to sort them out. You could try the bathroom again if that´s still neutral for them or try a car ride to stress bond. I can´t say how long it may take you, here´s someone who´s spent the last seven months re-bonding my two but they are back to normal. It´s just hard to know what the reason for their spat was.

You could always let them out together but supervised and make sure you don´t let them get into any scuffles so you can see what the trigger is. It´s a difficult one and I really do hope that it´s just a minor tiff and they´ll get over it.

Just had to let you know your heading gave me quite a scare! I read it as bone crushed...so glad that's not the case.

Sorry they are having difficulties.

LOL! Oh gosh no thank God its not a crushed bone! Leo says if that ever happens, "he knows just what to do with 'em!" And by that he means eat them. *rolls eyes* I done told him NO we aren't going to eat them! That's like eating Rosco! ha!

I separated them last night and put them in different x-pens. Unfortunately one x-pen is smaller than the other but I will switch them every day so they each get a turn at the larger area haha. I will keep yall updated

Back