Bob and Zeus update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fancybutterfly

Reaction score
Bob and Zeus apper to be fully bonded. There are no thumps or anything like that. They've been left alone all day and are fine. They eat off the same plate, share cages (I'm hoping to get down to just one cage soon), groom each other....

I notice though that Bob, in the morning and at dinner time, needs a little confidance boost from Z. He'll try to mount, or even just out his cin on Zeus' back. SOMetimes Z will let him (not mount tho), other times he won't and he'll scoot away. But, Bob will with his mouth, try to stop by grabbing a bit of Z's hair (on his back). Today I noticed that in that area (on Z's back) his hair is thinning a little.It's not bald, but could getto be if Bobkeeps doing it.

Is thisnormal? How can I (or canI) get Bob to stop?

I'm not convinced Bob is bullying. Zeus liks to be around him. They will lay together and eat off the same plate...after Bob gives Zeus will usually go right over to him and sit,lay down,groom.

What do you think?

oh...
I guess there aren't any ideas out there...:(

Hmmm... if Bob is still mounting a fair bit I wouldn't rush putting them together 24/7 just yet. Sounds like he is still trying to establish that he's the dominant bun. Maybe wait until you have a period of a few days to observe them together all the time before making that decision. I only say this because I had my three bunnies all bonded (or so I thought). They had spent the entire day together in their room with no scuffles at all. So I left them to go to dinner and when I got home found that holy heck had broken out and everyone was quite upset. Bonding was totally a no go after that.

Anyways, I wish I had some advice regarding getting Bob to stop pulling the hair on the Zeus's back... but I don't think he will stop this until he feels confident that Zeus knows he's top bun. Hopefully it won't be that long, and the mounting will slow down or stop.

Maybe someone else has some helpful advise.

Anyways, just wanted to say congrats on the success of the bonding so far... sounds like you've made wonderful progress!!!

Any pics of the two?

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your input! Actually, Bob and Z have been left alone for a few weeks now, while I am at work. There have been no signs of 'rough-housing'. :bunnydance:It seems in the a.m. and p.m. Bob is most needy or "reassurance" that he's the big guy. I've kept a close eye on Zeus's thinning spot, and it is no worse, it actually looks better.:pinkbouce:

Bob is persistant for about 10 minutes, and I am right there as I am getting ready for work. By the time I leave, they are laying together.:hug:

So...I keep an eye out just in case.

Thanks again for your response!:sunshine:

Well that's just fantastic Marybeth!!!! I couldn't be happier for you!!! Having two bunnies living together and loving each other is just soo precious to witness!!!!

Latest posts

Back