Blue Otter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sox726

Reaction score
I have a Blue Otter Jr. Doe, she's very consistent in her coat color, has what appears all the marking needed, I'm she has cream color down the back of her front legs and the side of her back legs but her toenail color doesn't seem very dark I'm wondering if this will DQ her in the shows and since she is only 2 months 27 days and has her nails clipped once wlll they get darker with age?

I have a picture under Sox726, I can't seem to post a picture on here.

here i'll help you out
16219_142012_380000000.jpg

I will try and get photo's, the only thing I think that will DQ her are her tonails, they are not dark. So I don't know if photo's will help or not. Do rabbits toenails get darker as they mature?

The toenails may darken as the rabbit ages. White/mismatched toenails are a DQ. Light toenails are a fault.

HappyFarmBunnies wrote:
I was actually always told that toenails get lighter with age, and it's not a problem you can expect to be fixed with age. Maybe I'm wrong.

Young rabbits toenails are often very light (especially dilutes) because the toenails are so thin. As the toenails thicken up and pigment increases, they darken. However, true white toenails will stay white.

Back