blossoms new sleeping position??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
Well my gosh Blossom gave us a good scareyesterday! I went in the sunroom to get something and she waslying on her side with her head all rolled back to the side.We have never seen her lay like that, and I honestly thought she wasdead. I had instant waves of sickness overcome me when Iapproached the cage. I hollered her name, but nothing I evenwalked all the way up to the cage and called her name and noghting, butthen I noticed she was breathing (whew!!) and when I tapped on her cageshe flipped right over and looked rather annoyed that I botheredher. Now this morning when Zach went to say goodmorning toher, he screamed for me "mom come here something is wrong withblossom!" so I go flying in there, and she is in the same position, soas I am walking over to the cage and Zach is fussing, Blossom lifts upher head and comes running to the side of the cage for herbreakfast. So I am guessing this is a new sleeping positonfor her? she seems perfectly healthy otherwise, but honestlyit looks freaky!!! Tracy

I thought bo was having seizures the first couple of times I saw him flop. :p

It would seem, Blossom is just really comfy.

When Bo is really happy and flops, he will do therolling, sliding flop. He flips and slides along as he goesdown LOL! It's cute because his little tail is waggly when hedoes it too!

lol does it look something like this?

tuckeredout.jpg

sleepyprincess.jpg

Princess does this all the time.. :) though i still check nowand then *just to make sure* she's ok lol... very relaxedbunny!:)

OMG! It's Henry in female form! Bo, she's exactly the same as our buns!

Is she a mini rex or standard?

Ang xx

I know Ang!! isn't she beautiful?!?! I adore her too!

Does she do that sliding thing Spiced? and tuck her head atfirst? Bo is so funny when he does that! :) I lovebunnies! and happy bunnies are the best!

Nepo, Bo usually does the whole rolling thing and sliding thing thenends up in a regular flop. He just has to somehow rub hishead and back along whatever he's laying by/on.

yep, she tucks and rolls lol!! she doesnt slidearound after though.. i think every bunny owner has a heart attack thefirst time they see a flop.. i know we did!! Princess is also the bunwe've seen dream most often.. her little feet flick around like she'srunning in her sleep, and sometimes chewing like she's eating hay:) it's hard not to giggle and wake her up ;)

Yep, love those flops!

I haven't seen Bo dream yet. He doesn't always close his eyes when he sleeps either!

Bindy flops all the time, thank gawd I had readabout it here and then one day I seen her do it, my heart skipped abeat then I realised what she was doing, she sleeps on her sidesometimes in her hutch
(just on sunday we had to check her as we thought she was dead she was so still)
Scary but hey if they are happy that's all that counts, she also laysdown with her front feet way out in front and back legs stretched outflat is weird but she is relaxed enough to lay like that so that makesus feel good that she feels safe enough with us :):):)

ariel, that's exactly what it is. She's comfy and happy and feels very safe :)

bo will lay like that and jump up if something startles him.

blossom, you also have a happy bunny :)

Yesterday when Chernish was sleeping on his sidelike that, my husband petted him on his tommy, and he did not seem tomind it or he was sleeping, but it was the first time so very cute.

Latest posts

Back