Blossoms Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Well I always wanted a bunny but I had two dogs so I didnt think I could do it. Well both dogs are gone now so I made the decision to get a lionhead after much thought and investigation. We brought Blossom home last night. She is not the bunny I put a deposit on. What happened is i went to see the bunnies and two looked pretty much alike. The one I picked I was told was a girl which I wanted. So when I went to pick her up they give me a different bunny. Same colors but she looked bigger to me. Well what happend is the one I picked two weeks ago was a boy and the guy made a mistake and said girl. So when I went to pick her up they gave me the one that was really a girl!! Well i guess at 4 weeks old it is hard to see what they are. But we have had her home since yesterday morning and are already in love. She is a little nervous of us but im sure thats expected and hopefuly she will warm up to us in time. So here she is. A lionhead with a little engora in her to.

1042.jpg

991.jpg

1045.jpg

1028.jpg

1037.jpg

She's lovely. And Fluffy for sure. Love her name too.

I can hardly wait to see more pictures of her.

I see cords in one picture. Is it protected, bunnies LOVE to chew cords, trust me i know I've had many chewed.

Susan:)

Blossom is getting a little more use to us. Still pretty shy. last night I held her and she was fine but when i let her go she did the little leg kicking as she ran from me meaning Im mad at you!! She comes out a little more now and does her little bunny binkys. Her favorite thing is to eat eat eat!! Pretty much she is in her litter box eating!!
1066.jpg
bun4.jpg
bun1.jpg

So Blossom is turing 11 weeks old this weekend. I can't beleive how fast they grow. Anyone know what age they stop growing? I think i realized rabbits are alot like cats. They give you time when they want to give you time. She is getting a little more use to me and comes up to me and sniffs me alot. sometimes I can pat her and other times she books it!! Just like my cat!!
005-1.jpg
bunny.jpg
004-2.jpg

Well Blossom is slowly comming along and letting us pat her on her time and only when she feels like being patted. Kinda like my cat!! :biggrin2: She does like my daughter, when my daughter lies down she will come right up to her and kiss her face and try to climb up on her. Here is Blossom and Maddy.
madebun-1.jpg
madebun4-1.jpg
madebun3-1.jpg

So I have not updated on Blossom in a long time. She is really comming along great. Much more friendly. I have had her 5 months now. She will come up to us now and let us pat her whereas she would run and hide if you put her hand down to pat her. She use to only let you pat her in her cage now she will let you pat her out in the open. Still hates to be held so we don't do that anymore. Did have an incident when she try to bite because I wouldnt stop brushing her even after she grunted three times!! So now I learned if she grunts give her her space and come back later and that seems to work. So funny how they have their own routine. She likes to sleep all day and at night after 5 she becomes more friendly and stays out of her cage all night. I learned you have to give them alot of toys to keep busy and if you dont thats when they start to eat the house!! So here are a few updated pictures of her.
015.jpg

eye3-2.jpg

1794.jpg
1528.jpg

011.jpg

That rabbit gets cuter every time I see pictures of her. And they're totally cat-like in personality. Cute and snuggly...on their terms!!

Latest posts

Back