blossom update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
ok she is home with us right now, and she looksSO SO sad!! it is breaking my heart. She still hasnot had anything to eat since surgery, but they let her come homeanyways, as soon as I put her back in her cage she went to her foodbowl (which had all her favorties) smelled it and just walked away, butthen she jumped in her litterbox did two little poos and a tiny bit ofurine, how long should I let her go without eating ordrinking??? our poor girl! do you think we shouldtake her out and cuddle with her, or leave her so she is notdisturbed? thanks for any advice! Tracy

Would she maybe take something from you by hand?Sometimes bo is more likely to eat if I am holding something.Do you have a cranberry or raisen or something like that..... She needsto eat her hay and pellets, but if she will eat a piece of fruit, or abit of oats.. at least she's eating, ya know?

If she likes to be held. Get her out gently and hold her ON apillow in your lap. If you are afraid of her peeing, justdrape a towel or something over it.

She'll feel a bit better tomorrow. She's pretty groggy from the anesthesia right now and pain meds.

Give her some Nutri Cal. I'dsay you should cuddle with her and give her lots of pets, if she getsmad for some reason then I think you should leave her alone. Hope thishelps! :)

When I first brought mine home, after getting himneutered, he was the same way. He just wanted to sleep the first day. Iactually hand fed him and brought his water bottle to him so he coulddrink. He drank and ate a little bit but not much. He was eating a bitbetter the next day, but it took about 3 days for him to get back tonormal eating again. Just give her lots of love and pampering, and sheshould be ok. I found with all the pampering, we formed abond with each other greater then we ever had before.

Along with the Nutri Cal, you might also trytempting her with some shaved carrots. I like to see themeating a little of something as it hastens their recovery.I've found that feeding a little Nutri Cal really gives them a boostand helps to stimulate their appetite.

Pam

Back