Bloody discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity73

Reaction score
Hi yesterday I was treating Cinder for a dirty bum and she has been pooping a lot more than usual. I thought she had an upset tummy. so i have refrained from pellets, veggies, and fruit.I have been feeding her hay for 2 days trying to clear up her stomach. Well I am not sure if she is going in heat but she has been humping her mate Roger. When I picked Cinder up to put her in her hutch and check on her bum she had a little ring of blood around her lady parts. Is this normal? Do rabbits have periods? And is it possible her and Roger mated and this was brought on by Roger being too rough with her?

Well I brought Cinder to the vet and she was not bleeding from her ya-ya, she had strained herself when she was pooping, they say her tummy is just very upset right now. So they are gonna give her a special diet,and meds and keep her for a couple of days to monitor her. The reason I thought it was her ya-ya is because her area down there was super dirty. She should be just fine the vet said. Glad i brought her in. Now I have to see about getting her spayed.

Well vet took x-ray of Cinds today, said she needs more fiber in her diet. $200 later:) Just glad she is feeling better and can come home tomorrow. Ra-Ra(her mate) and me are bored without her.:)

Latest posts

Back