Bloody and possibly broken nail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaS1029

Reaction score
My rabbit is a a senior doe and she was playing around and hopping when I noticed she was bleeding. I was looking around and saw this? I’m not sure if it’s a broken nail or finger. I’m also not sure what to do, anything will help.

Attachments

• 8C398D49-9F78-495B-A68E-548E977E7CB5.jpeg
    8C398D49-9F78-495B-A68E-548E977E7CB5.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 9
she’s also acting regular and walking around as usual, but I still want to know what to do with the nail.

Has the bleeding stopped? If it has and it starts again if you hold some corn starch on there if you have any should get it to stop. that looks bad and it looks like it could be the toe, I would take to the vet and see what they say.

I would leave the nail until you talk to your rabbit-savvy vet that way you don't cause any more damage to the nail. And if she pulls the rest of it off then you will need to put some corn starch on it if you have it to stop the bleeding, If you don't have any then you will have to take a washcloth and apply pressure if you cannot get it to stop then she needs to be taken to an emergency vet right away, at that point it wouldn't matter if the vet was rabbit savvy or not as long as they can get the bleeding to stop long enough for you to take her to your rabbit-savvy vet. I'm not trying to freak you out or anything but a just in case kinda thing.

Latest posts

Back