BLOOD!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudley Bunny

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Dudley is bleeding! From his you know what. He recently got nutered and he has been fine. his stitches are out and he is all healed. However a few nights ago we saw some blood coming it out of him! We thought maybe he had eaten something sharp so we got the vert over and she couldnt find anything wrong with him. We have been given antibiotics for him in case he starts bleeding again. No one knows whats wrong! Its coming out in his poop i think too. What should we do! He has a great diet with lots of grass and lots of veggies with oats and hay and also pellets. He gets a lot of ruffage so it couldnt be wool block or anything like that i have read about.

Is it something we have done? He seems fine now but we just dont want him to be sick!

ANy advice would be great thanks everyone!

Maybe he has broken a nail?

If he's bleeding rectally that's a serious issue--it usually doesn't occur because of a gut impaction, so I don't think diet or "wool block" are factors.

How sure are you that he's male? Often bleeding from the genital area is caused by a uterine infection or cancer.

Also, could it be coming from his bladder?

Important to know exactly where the blood is coming from, and when.

Did the Vet see him when he was bleeding or when there was no blood? What are his poops like? Is there blood when he poops? On the poops or around the anus or what?

Or is it around his surgery area?

And are you sure his pee is normal?

sas :?

Back