Blood On My Female Saphires Private Spot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn84

Reaction score
:ponder:Hey im really nervouse i was cleaning my Rabbits cage and when i picked up Saphire and cradled her like a baby she normally likes that.I noticed blood on her private spot she was'nt dripping blood it looked like it was stained by it.Im so scared i did'nt get her fixed yet but my male is fixed.Should i be worried?What could it be?She seems to be acting normally and her appetite is really good.Some Help would be great.Thanks

Are you sure it was blood becuase pee can be many different reddy orange colours.
I am not that experienced I hope someone more experienced comes along soon - Good luck

Baby bunnies has a point Is it bright red or is it more orangey red. If its orangey red and stained then good chance its urine if its bright red like when you cut yourself then it would probably be best to get her to the vets.

Hopefully one of the infirmary mods will be along and give you their advice

Well, if she is not fixed and she is acting fine, she probely just got her period. yes rabbits can get periods. I have a female rabbit and she get hers to. Its also normal if they get a bit cranky. kind of like when some girls get their periods. they get cranky and somtimes mood swings. :rant:. Hope this helped!

[align=center]Madeline:bunnydance:[/align]

Rabbits DO NOT have periods. They do not have an estrius cycle like most mammals, they are what are called enduced ovulaotors. They only ovulate once they've been mounted by a male and the act of sex triggers the female to release her eggs.

If you have a rabbit that is bleeding from their genitals, and you are positive it is not red/orange urine, then it is a serious problem. It can be a sign of bladder/kidney infections or worse it is also a sign of uturing cancer/infections.

If it's a pregnant female that's bleeding, then she's having serious problems delivering and needs a vet immediatly.

So, if you have a rabbit that is bleeding from the genitals, it is a serious situation. The rabbit needs to see a vet as soom as possible.

Carolyn84, if you are finding blood, then take her to the vet. Chances are it's either an infection or uturine cancer.

Hollybunny: If you rabbit is also bleeding from her genitals, please take her to a vets because it is not normal. She is probably grumpy from not being spayed and being full of hormones, not from getting her "period".

--Dawn

Hollybaby wrote:
Well, if she is not fixed and she is acting fine, she probely just got her period. yes rabbits can get periods. I have a female rabbit and she get hers to. Its also normal if they get a bit cranky. kind of like when some girls get their periods. they get cranky and somtimes mood swings. :rant:. Hope this helped!

[align=center]Madeline:bunnydance:[/align]

I was going to say - I didn't think rabbits get periods
Madeline: I really think you should take your rabbit to the vet because she shoudn't be bleeding :?

Blood would be very serious. It's definitely not a period. I have experience with that fright. If your girl isn't spayed, it could be cancer. It could also be a serious infection. I hope you have her checked :rose:

[suP]Opps sorry.:headsmackI really need to learn more. me so stupid sorry.:embarrassed::baghead[/suP]

[align=center][suP]madeline:sofa:[/suP][/align]

Not a problem Madeline, that is what we are here for, to help everyone learn.

It is possible that what you are seeing is red or orange urine. But if you have any doubts, take her to a vet. The best thing would be to make arrangements for a spay.

--Dawn

I got her checked out its fine it was her pee the vet told me however when she pressed down on her genititals she did have what looked like blood red spots around her vagina but the vet said it was normal most female rabbits have that.Im glad that was fixed

I'm glad it was just red urine. It's normally caused by diet, but is a very normal thing.

Although, I'm not so sure about blood spots being normal. What did the blood spots look like? None of my three femals have any discharge from their genitals. The skin of the genitals can vary in colour from light pink to a dark purply red, but no blood. The fur around their genitals is clean and dry.

Was the vet you saw rabbit savvy? Do they regularly treat rabbits?

--Dawn

yea it looks alittle purple but she's fine my vet she was like wow she got bigger and she gained more weight lol being that there hogs i knew that was going to happen:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back