Blood in urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frost1375

Reaction score
I just found my bunny's box with blood in it. It seems like it is from the urine. Also, there are blood clots in the box as well. I cleaned the cage and left for a bit. New blood was in there without poop, so I'm assuming the blood is from the urine. I checked her out and she doesn't seem to be bleeding anywhere. I'm going to call the vet in the morning, but I was wondering if anyone had any help for me in the meantime. I rescued her so I don't know her age. She is not spayed, but has only been in contact with a neutered male. Please help!

It sounds like you are fairly sure that this is true blood and not red urine.
I would turn her over and see if you can see any blood around her genital area.... also check all her nails also just to make sure that it isn't a torn nail instead of blood in urine
Could be a bladder infection, cyst or worse but in the meantime if she is not bleeding excessively I would just get her to the vetASAP

I'm sorry that this is happening

I know from :hug:experience this will be a sleepless night for you

Good advice from Angieluv. Unfortunately if you're sure there's no other source for the bleeding then all you can do is wait till she sees the vet tomorrow. There are a variety of problems that could cause this. Hopefully it's something simple and easily treated.

Okay. Thank you guys. It is definitely blood, unfortunately. Dark, thick, and some clots. I'll recheck her, but I found no source of bleeding. Hopefully I'll be able to get her into the vet tomorrow! But thank you for responding so quickly. I hope she'll be okay!

Latest posts

Back