Blockage? Help. Been 8 days since last BM.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get near Hannah to give her fluids, neermond to
massage her. She literally hates me.
And she's taken to biting. My shirt, the towel, anything she can I'll her mouth with.. Does make getting that nasty baby food into her.. But it also sucks. I got maybe 1 1/2cc into her.. Of the 4 I had in the syringe.
Maybe when my mother gets off work she will help me again because I certainly can't do this on my own again.
She
pooped more though.. It was green and more ovally than round but it was normal sized and a much darker green. I think everythings getting a bit better apart from the relationship that we had.
I wish I had some drugs to calm her down or knock her out or something. She does all of this when we attempt to cut her nails as well.
Ugh. Tomorrow is hopefully going to be better... In case she gets an x Ray, does anyone know what the process is like? Like am I going to have to hold her down.. Or will she be put under? Anything like that.

Sorry for the double post, can't edit. But... Hannah pooped. A lot.
I guess she decided not to in the hospital "cage" last night.. Which is just a really big cat carrier.. So when I let her back into her cage today because she kept trying to open the door anyway.. Just went right into her litterbox and I didn't check anything until now when I gave her more veggies.. That she pooped a lot. Like 3 bunny bathroom breaks worth..
It wasn't as round as I'd like but it was brown.. So obviously she's doing a ton better than she was 5 days ago. I'm so happy, and it's totally worth every scratch I've got from it. :biggrin2:
Obviously I've got to keep up the fluids and stuff still, but I'm just extactic at this point. Who new a dirty litterbox could be such good news?

I'm so glad she pooped. Keep up the good work with the fluids and baby food. I know it's hard to get stuff into an unwilling bunny. It seems that the most important thing is to get a good hold on the bunny, whether that means trancing, bunny burritoing, or having one person hold while the other gives the food. I would go for a nice, tight burrito, like you might do for a young baby. If you get the legs held tightly under the body in a normal sitting position, you can get the burrito pretty tight without causing her pain. It's actually better to have a tighter burrito, so that she can't wrangle her way out and twist a leg or spine.

good luck and hoping for more poops!

So.. Hannah has decided to destroy all my stuff ecause she's mad at me. She eats my carpet, her cage bottom, she shredded a 5lb book.. She literally pulle it down with her teeth and shreded it. She eats all my clothes and tried to bite me today when I was giving her pedialyte..
She's NEVER tried to bite me before.. And yes she's a destructive rabbit sometimes but how she is now is just crazy.
I can't even let her out anymore ecause she attacks my carpet so badly I push her away and she starts it up again. I have a 4" hole in it that she ripped out. I can't do this anymore. If she hates me this much now, I'm not going to continue with this. Her vet appointment was moved to thursday, so she will have to get something that will work immediatly.. when she goes because I'm done.

Can you get anyone to help you out a bit? I know I get worn down when I'm working with a sick bunny and it can be frustrating and exhausting even without an angry bunny.

A lot of times bunnies will have an urge to eat strange things when they have a blockage. Eating carpet and paper is more common when they're stopped up. I think it's some way to get the bunny to eat more fibery things if they were in the wild. This behavior may stop once she's feeling better.

It is good, though, that she has the energy to fight. I hope that this means she's turning the corner and will be all better soon. :pray:

Latest posts

Back