Bloating... Do I Worry?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Well, as you know we got our little What a week ago. He was thin and bloated when we picked him up, and dehydrated. He had weird poos, but by Sunday his poops were fine.

He still is rather bloated though... He eats and drinks fine, he is active... Well... Actually he likes to cuddle a lot... But he hops around and does things, just when someone is near he likes to lay with you and be pet and cuddled. I don't think he is lethargic. I think he is just cuddly. But maybe I am missing something there? Is he not supposed to be this cuddly?

His poops are normal... And he poops a lot, like he should. He's been getting pellets, hay, and he had a tiny bit of romaine the other night. He is still rather thin, but he is starting to not feel as boney as he did when he first came.

He just turned 10 weeks on Wednesday.

Is this something I should take him to the vet over? Would some pictures help? Also if he is actually a she (I suck) would it be possible that he's pregnant at this age? I know he was housed with a brother. But his tummy doesn't feel "pregant". It's firm but still palpable... But no lumps or bumps or anything of that nature to be felt.

What do you guys think?

Pics would be good. I can't really help as I would like to but If you could fill this out would others out a little.

- Description (Breed, color., weight)

- spayed/neutered?

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
     - are the bunny's poops and pees normal? 
     - When did they last use their litterbox? 
     - Any unusual behavior?

- Medical History -- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? 

- Diet - what does your bunny eat?
     - when and what did s/he eat last?

- movement - any unusual movements?  Is s/he hopping normally?

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?  

- has the rabbit been outdoors?

-------

I have to go to work but will check in.

Agreed. If his belly feels hard at all that would be a bad sign, but since he seems to be acting normally, it probably isn't an emergency.

Latest posts

Back