Blast from the past

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Em wrote:
Carolyn wrote:

you know how a Flemish can flatten themselves out when they want to. They could still be in the woods.

-Carolyn

do other breeds flatten themselves out too or is it only flemish?

Hi Em,

I've not seen any other rabbits do it the way Cali or other Flemishdo it.

When you to pet her, she will flatten herself out so that you have tokeep pressing down to feel like you're actually petting her.It's as if she's trying to escape your touch. She'll evendrag her back legs if she has to in order to get as close to the groundas possible. She's extremely supple in the way shemovesfor the size of her. Picking her up is liketrying to pick up a bowl full of jello. I wish you couldexperience it because it's really hard to describe.

-Carolyn

Austin has done something like that before it wasreally odd he was on his harness in the yard and he heard next doorsdog and he made himself as flat as a pancake! well maybe not quite thatflat but really really flat.

Does this mean that Austin is aflemish or justan oddscaredy cat?

Thanks Em x

Yep Carolyn, I know what you mean. They are hugebut can make themselves "appear" small when they flatten to the ground.It is pretty funny to see.

Pam, that must have been pretty cool to meet the man who used to livein your home and what a coincidence that he raised rabbits too!

Fergi's mom

I understand that there were some bunnies released in Monty Python's area as well.

:~) Jim

PS>> Bigfoot is really a flemish standing on the shoulders of another flemish.

Latest posts

Back