Bladder Tumor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipcha

Reaction score
So one was discovered on our six year old Dutch Kokomo, right near her bladder (Possibly inside the bladder) back in June. Our vet wanted to wait and see if it was going to get any larger and for a few months, it stayed the exact same size and didn't change. However, in the last month it has grown. It is now around 2 cm in diameter.

We're trying to find somewhere that will do an ultrasound, the only one that will is $600 (Nearly the cost of the surgery, which will be $700-$1,000) and they want to put her under for that, something that makes me nervous as well. They are also not our vet, they are someone we would need to be referred to so I don't even know how routine working on bunnies is. We are currently calling around trying to find others who can do one.

Our vet does not seem very optimistic at this point (I think the waiting game was because she didn't want to resort to surgery) and says that if it's in the bladder or attached to something too important, they will have to just let her go on the table. She also explained she has had a number of cases where they have attempted to remove it and only caused it to grow faster, once again cutting their life shorter. She also talked about some where the intestines where actually right through the tumor and it could not be removed.

So at this point, I am asking, has anyone else dealt with a tumor in this location. It is causing her some discomfort and she is currently on Metacam to help with it.

Dang, no one has any kind of experience?

Well, either way, we came to a decision. Our vet thought a lot over it and says that she thinks she should be able to perform the surgery, so we're going to go through with it and hope for the best. I'll keep this thread updated but the surgery will be in a few weeks (Figures that this all starts going down hill when our vet is going away for a few weeks in a few days and we can't get it done before) so I'll keep everyone posted.

I would still like to hear about everyone else's luck, however. Who else has had to have tumors removed?

Latest posts

Back