Bladder Sludge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it would take longer to see the ill effects. However, I worry that it may not be giving him enough pain relief. For that reason it may be good to change his medication at some time, but that's totally your call.

I agree with Claire I would be worried that he isn't getting enough pain relief. Is he moving around at all? Besides the noise is he acting better?

If you think he is still in pain I would try to get something stronger then Metacam. I would also put everything close to him like food, water and litter box so he doesn't have to go far to get to them.

I'll be interested also in the results you get tomorrow. I don't think that his problem is really resolved . I think that he probably needs a stronger pain med

The symptoms you describe re. the metacam are not a normal reaction ;I have never heard of a rabbit having this type of reaction to it.
Let us know :pray:

Yeah. The effect of metacam you mentioned doesn't make a lot of sense if it's working properly. Is his water consumption up? That will help.

billinjax wrote:
I agree. She said she would make that determination after the 2 week x-ray. That feels like a long time to me. I will give her a call when she's back at work tomorrow or Friday assuming nothing gets worse between now and then.
to try to syringe the correct amount of fluids for another 2 weeks is a big task ;
maybe you could tell the vet that if you were able to do the sub q fluids at home it would be less time consuming for your schedule ;
of course it takes time to learn to do it but once you learn it it is much easier to do that than to syringe.
I knowthat some vets can be difficult (been there) so this is just a suggestion...

My buns never had a reaction like that to metacam either. There were times my bun had to have something stronger for a few days. Anytime I heard her making any noise, laying funny, and not moving as much I used the buphrenex.

I have done sub q's and I hate it but it goes so much quicker. I could give 150 ml's in 15-20 minutes and that was usually the dose for the day. So once that 15-20 minutes was over, as bad as it maybe, we were done with that for the day.

Are you soaking the greens you are giving? I know it may not seem like a big thing but it has really been what has helped saved my bun. When she was really bad and wouldn't eat unless I hand feed her the greens. I would put some in a tupperware container with water by her cage. Every 30-60 minutes I would go in and take a piece that had been soaking and try to feed it to her. It was easier then going to the kitchen everytime and every piece she ate out of my hand was dripping with water.

I am glad your buns x-rays showed improvement. I know how frustrating this can be. I have been dealing with this on and off since October 2008. You will find what works best for you and your bun. You are doing a great job, keep it up.

Latest posts

Back