blackdutch's Dutch Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdutch

Reaction score
This post is continued from...Thesearch for Dutch, but I started a new topic.. Fun! :)

Introduction:

My name's Michele. I'm raising Dutch in black andchocolate varieties. The name of my rabbitry is Blue MountainDutch. My grandfather is pretty much my rabbit mentor or buisnesspartner.. he used to raise Dutch and has helped me get the stock I havenow. I'm a member of the ARBA and the ADRC. My website isBlue MountainDutch.

The History..

My grandfather had Dutch.. around 40 years ago. He had some really nicetorts and chocs, and he used to show a lot. (He's got tons oftrophies.:shock:) Their was a small farm expo at the West End Fair inthe year 2003 I believe. There was a mini donkey that I loved there forsale. And it was like a week long and I went every day to see this minidonkey. (Dominick was his name!) So I was bugging my parents for awhile to get me this donkey. Anyways, Piper Smith from Briallu Rabbitryhad her rabbitry there. She raises only Mini Rex now, but she used tohave Dutch. I bought my first Dutch, Briallu's Candy, from her. She wasa tort Dutch, marked pretty good. I should scan in pictures of her. Shewas mypet. Sadly, in summer of 2003, she died.. or, wasmurdered. We had taken her and her buddy (my sister's rabbit) out tothe barn because my mom didn't like the smell in the house. Theneighbor's dog came down and killed both of them by somehow sliding thetray out from underneath and getting to the rabbits. Anyways, Christmasof 2004, my mom got a black Dutch for me. That was Princess, and she'spretty much the beginning of the whole breeding thing for me. Summer of2006 came Buck 21, Doe 21, and Choc buck after my grandfather had sawan ad for Dutch in a paper. We crossed Buck 21 with Princess, resultingin my first litter on Sept. 7. Then we bought K8 and K9 from CuddlyBunnys Patch. And that's about it for the history, becauseifI go any further it will become the present.

The Current Stock (as of Oct 20)

Princess (bloodlines unknown) Black doe.

Buck 21 (full brother to Doe 21 and Choc. Buck) Black buck. Born in June 2006.

Doe 21 (full sister to Buck 21 and Choc. Buck) Black doe. Born in June 2006.

Choc. Buck (full brother to Doe 21 and Buck 21) Chocolate buck. Born in June 2006.

K8 Buck (full brother to K9, purchased from Cuddly Bunnys Patch) Black Buck. Born July 2006.

K9 Buck (full brother to K8, purchased from Cuddly Bunnys Patch) Black Buck. Born July 2006.

Goody (Buck 21 x Princess, full brother to Hooky, first litter) Black Buck. Born Sept 2006.

Hooky (Buck 21 x Princess, full sister to Buck above, first litter) Black doe. Born Sept. 2006.

That's it for now! :) Updates will be coming.

Update: October 20, 2006:

Princess just gave birth to about four or five little kits. The litteris by the Chocolate buck, which was an accident they got bred in thefirst place (they got out together). But it's a kind of good accidentbecause we really wantchocolates! The birthing was reallyeasy, I was in there cleaning out cages and my grandfather said hethought she giving birth.. sure enough, she was! She made her nest kindof last minute, her last litter she made the nest a week or two inadvance, but she was just making the nest today. She decided she didn'twant to use the nest box, but instead made her own nest in the othercorner. She gave birth pretty good, and I expect her to be a reallygood mother.. She was excellent to her first litter.

Doe 21 is still due, she may give today, tomorrow, or the next day. Anylonger and I think she may explode! She was bred to buck K9, andalthough they are both blacks, they both have choc lines (K9's dam waschoc, and 21 had a full brother who is a choc) so I'm hoping for somechocolates in there too.

The Sept. 7 litter was seperated last week, there are 3 does, and onebuck. Goody was the buck, sadly, becauseright now we reallyneed does. Two of the does are for sale, Mismark and Black Toe, andwe're keeping Hooky.

Hoppy Trails! :D

Latest posts

Back