Blackberry leaves question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisy126

Reaction score
I heard/read that it is okay to feed your rabbit(s) blackberries and their leaves. So I went to go get some this morning and found out that there were (on the spine on the back of the leaf) thorns...much smaller than the ones on the stem but, would it hurt the rabbits at all?:?

Thanks,

maisy

I usually feed the rabbits raspberry leaves, and they don't have the thorns. I did use blackberry leaves (when I couldn't get the raspberry) and I just skimmed the back of the leaves with a sharp knife to take off the thorns. They come off pretty easy. (Althought I don't think it would hurt them, why take a chance...)

BlueGiants wrote:
I usually feed the rabbits raspberry leaves, and they don't have the thorns. I did use blackberry leaves (when I couldn't get the raspberry) and I just skimmed the back of the leaves with a sharp knife to take off the thorns. They come off pretty easy. (Althought I don't think it would hurt them, why take a chance...)

:)thanks for the answer, I would do raspberry leaves if we had a raspberry bush...but alas, weonly haveblackberry.

Latest posts

Back