Black rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
Hey guys i am not rehoming one of mine but i am getting a Standard Rex tonight from someone at my hubby's work that was getting ready to take him to the humane society tonight, because she is moving :shock: so apparently someone in there talked her out of taking him and then called my hubby immediately who made the mistake of calling me. I am not getting him till 6 tonight but this is what i found out thus far

He is a standard Rex, he is around 8 months old, he is about 6 lbs, he is getting hay, pellets and some carrots and veggies for treats, he doesnt like to be held..... he will let you hold him but he squirms. I am attaching some pics that she had on her myspace page. He will come with anything that i get with him which at this point is his cage, litter box, i hope water bottle, food bowl, and what ever bedding and food i would have at that point for him. I am located in Upper Bucks county area and can easily get him to Philadelphia area and a few bridges by jersey if there is anyone from Jersey. I am hoping not to have him here very long cause i dont feel like having my hubby whining, but then again it is his fault for calling me,lol

Drop me a line if anyone is interested or knows someone who is.
blkrab.jpg

blkrabbit.jpg

i wonder how hard it would be to bond three,lol, i must stay strong and rehome him but if it takes a while so be it,lol

Is this guy neutered? I am around the Poconos area, and might be interested if you can tell me more about his past and personality...

He is not neutered, from what i know about him he doesnt like being picked up and will squirm, and is litter boxed trained. What i am just seeing in him now is that he is friendly, he is very interested in the cats and dogs from his previous owner said that he use to run around and play with the cats she had. I did pick him up to get him from his cage to the pen i made for him and he was ok and only struggled after i was holding him for a little bit. Right now his poo is soft but i assume that is from stress from yesterday as his poo was fine when he first got to my house, plus this morning i gave him a leaf of romaine so i am going to back off of the veggies right now until he is back on track. I think he might be a dark brown not black in some light he looks black and in some light he looks brown. So very soft.

OMG he's gorgeous...... Those rex have a way of snagging you with their fur don't they? LOL!

I have to weigh him to see if he is a standard or a mini, i think he is rather small. OMG his fur, every night when my hubby comes in he comes right over and touches him,lol. I want to run a lint brush on him w hen he has hay on him, because he reminds me of a pair of velour pants or something,lol. He is nice too.

So gorgeous {{sigh}}. We have a black standard rex doe in rescue that is just luscious. I love when she comes to adoption events - I hold her and pet her fur the whole time. She is a such a calm, friendly bunny too.

lillyen8 wrote

I'm geting a new black rex that looks like that but a little smaller:biggrin2:thats so cool:dude:.

today we cut half the menagire's nails and Benny tryed getting away a few times cause we were messing with his feet and i looked like a was wrestleing with Freddy Krueger,lol

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
today we cut half the menagire's nails and Benny tryed getting away a few times cause we were messing with his feet and i looked like a was wrestleing with Freddy Krueger,lol
LOL!!!!! You should see the scars on my chest from mini-rexes. It does look like I tangled with Freddy Krueger.

we have a dark brown mini-rex, Bambi, and unless you are in a well lighted area she looks black. Very sweet little bunny, but, she must be part mountain goat. Have found her up on tables and dressers many times. When its time for her to go up, I put a box in front of her hutch and open the door. She's our only rabbit that puts herself up!

Latest posts

Back