Black otter fur not so soft?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Popcorn's a black otter lionhead, when he was a baby, he was so soft when you touched his fur, it felt like you were touching air. Now that he's shed his baby coat and grown his big boy fur, he still has a few clumps of soft fluff on his butt, but his back fur is all dark and pretty soft. Where he gets sprinklings of the beige fur (and where he looks like a porcupine) his fur is much more coarse.

Is it possible that same color fur is softer than fur that has sprinklings of other colors in it? And is is just me or does that fur on the side of black otters look like porcupine fur?

Not exactly sure what you mean by porcupine fur...

but, Breeds that have wool, such as lionheads and woolies, have a baby coat that is cottony soft, but when their wool actually comes in, it is more coarse.

Peaches - who's in my avatar is super soft and fluffy, I don't remember his baby coat but this one is super soft. Popcorn's adult fur is about like a cat's fur but where he has sprinklings of the lighter fur - near his face & on his sides - it's more coarse. What I mean by porcupine fur is that it looks like lighter porcupine quills distributed throughout his dark fur.

Back