Bitter Apple Spray

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKat

Reaction score
So......

As a last chance measure to get Smudge to stop chewing on her cage, ottoman, couch and and TV stand I have been using "Grannick's Bitter Apple" spray for the last two days.

It is meant as a taste deterent for dogs but seems to be working with Smudge. I watched her lick the ottoman after I sprayed it (this usually leads to instant chewing). Instead of chewing she got this disgusted look, hopped away and started playing with a toy I had soaked in "Kookamungo Krazee Kitty catnip spray".

They seem to work for now, but are they safe for her?

Lucky. Q-tip is licking her lips going "mmm, I wanna come over and bite the bars of that cage...I love apple spray!"

Wow, the bitter apple spray worked, you're lucky. When Peace was chewing on his bandage after his abcess surgery, we tried it and he loved it, only made it worse.

Stupidly, thinking that maybe it didn't taste that bad, I decided it would be a smart idea to spray a bit in my mouth and see what it tasted like. That is some of the NASTIEST stuff I have EVER tasted...

Back