biting rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lula

Reaction score
hey guys.. i have a rabbit which is nearly 7 months old and lately he is becoming a bit agressive with me :( this morning i went to move his bowl of food and he nearly bit me and tried to bite me a lot of times. its not normal because usualy he lets me grab him and cuddle him and he licks me so i really dont know what might be the matter with

Is he still eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing normally? Is it hotter than normal? Any other changes in his environment?

mmm.. maybe he is eating and drinking a bit less than usual but usually it hasnt been more hot or something :S

Sounds to me like he is getting hormonal and adolescent-like

I would guess that he's not neutered yet?
If he isn't ..getting him neutered will calm him down a lot.

hmm... usually an abrupt change in behavior is from something else being wrong, like being ill. it's also possible that he has entered the "bunny teenage years" and is acting hormonal. if he's eating and drinking less, watch for stasis or gas. make sure he keeps on pooping, and if you can listen to his tummy, watch for gurgly noises. not sure if this is behavioral or wellness-related, so just keep an eye on it.

maybe someone with more experience has seen this before?

:bump

sounds funny that rabbits enter an adolescent like phase but i think its true what you are saying. i think it is also a matter of bein teritorial.. i dnt know if it is a female or a male yet but if it is a female i think it might be she wants to protect her teritory..i dnt know

Latest posts

Back