Biting Baby Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rita1234

Reaction score
Last night, I offered my hand out to my baby mini lop. She had been doing her cute litte binky and was in a really good mood. She sniffed my hand, licked it, nibbled it, then bit down hard enough to draw blood. I don't know if it was because she was mad at me, but it seemed like she wasn't scared or anything.

This morning, I was blocking her entrance to her tunnel and she tugged at my pant leg. The second time she tugged, she got skin again.

Are these agression bites or is she just trying to communicate? How do I train her not to bite without yelling or scaring her?

Three months old,

I'd like to get her spayed...but someone told me it's REALLY expensive and she's always going to be by herself so she won't have to have babies.

how much does it normally cost?

The price varies, so you need to call around. Neutering is not just to prevent conception--it also helps out with teen/adult behavior issues that are hormone related. Bunnies tend to behave better after and less worries about cancer.

Latest posts

Back