Biting and throwing things around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 rabbits, a 3 months old from a pet store and a 2 months old from a farm. The 3 months old is very well behaved but the 2 months old always seems frighten around people but is okay when he wants food.

What disturbs me the most is he won't stop biting and throwing objects (food bowl, water bowl, litter box, literally everything) around, wasting food and always dirtying the place. Any advice about his behavior and how to stop it?? Thanks a lot!!!

Sounds like he needs some toys. Bunnies can be very playful and full of energy and chew toys they can throw around is a great way to let them get that energy out.

Or he may want out of his cage and is throwing a fit(if he's in a cage). Which might mean he needs a bit more space to run around and play.

Secure food and water dishes, use heavier ceramic ones, or buy ones that attach to the side of the cage. Secure the litter box with a clip.

For further or more detailed advice, post a picture of your set up.

Thank you so much for all your replies! :) I think it's the cage size problem because they have toys but don't even bother throwing them and they don't throw things as much when I let them out of the cage and when they were smaller. I'm upgrading their home cage to pet fence soon since they grow up so fast!

Back