Biting, aggressive toward my husband

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotaCocoaPuff

Reaction score
My two new bunnies, Rue and Basil, are seven months old now. I have posted before about marking and litter box training. I had Basil spayed last week and it seems to be helping with the marking. Both are doing much better with their litter box habits.
The newest development is that Basil, who seems to be the alpha female, is attacking my husband. So my bunnies live on my large patio. They have a cage as well which they are kept in through the night. Whenever my husband enters the patio Basil and him kind of have a stand-off. If he backs up she will go after him and nip him. Never drawing blood but more of a warning.
Another thing is she very protective of her sister Rue. If anyone tries to pet Rue and Basil is near she will bite them and she will bite Rue.
Any ideas how to correct this?

My only conclusion right now is to send my husband out with something that he can put in front of him, like a pool noodle or stick, that if she nips it’s not a big deal there by showing her that she cannot dominate him (not to hit her).

If he comes in holding a treat she might realize that he won't hurt her.

Latest posts

Back