Binkying?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wonder if you can help me...

I read a post yesterday about binkying. I had never heard of rabbitsdoing this before and I thought it was so cute! I looked up about whatI had to do on a website and tried it out with Kiara first. I wasquickly droppingmy head sideways and then back up, with a bitof a twist and kiara looked at me. She started waving her pause and Ithought she might have done something more but she just washed hernose! So, I tried again! This time she just sat there and closed hereyes!!

In the end I gave up and tried it out on Vitani and guess what... sheclosed her eyes! Do you think the problem is thatthey areonly 5 weeks old? They arent completely comfortable with me yet butthey are more settled and never pin their ears back anymore.

Ive only had them for about a week and a half, if that, so I suppose they will binky sooner or later!!!

Another thing I want to mention is that when Vitani is out of herhutch, she is constantly rocking her head from side to side. Its a slowmovement and she seems to be looking round but im not sure. Does anyone else have a rabbit that does this? It isnt as though shes ill oranything I was just curious.

Thanks,

Siobhan xXx

Hi, QTbunnies! I can't help youwith the issue of why your little ones aren't binkying yet, but I'vebeen trying to get to comment on your name, Siobhan, for some timenow. How beautiful, exotic, and unique! :)

I'm thinking, if you don't mind, that it's going to go on mylist of little girl's names if my husband and I are blessed enough tohave one before all is said and done.

They probably aren't quite sure of theirsurroundings yet. You've only had them for a short while, andthey're still very young. I'd let them explore the area more,and then probably they'll be more inclined to do their little leaps ofjoy ;) I'm sure it's nothing against you oranything. You're their mommy, and they know that.

I'm not sure about the head-rocking thing. I've only hadEmmit for about a month, and he's my first. I've never seenhim do that...but then again, I didn't have him when he was thatyoung. I'm sure someone on the forum who has more experiencewill answer your question.

Good luck and have fun with your babies!

Siobhan is an Irish name and it is good to have aname that when it is shouted, 10 people dont turn around!:DThe only problem is it gets prounounced wrong so much! Someof the attemps made by people are cracking! LOL!

Thanks for your help Emmits_mom. They do like toexplore so they should get used to it soon. They are fine when they areout of their hutch, they love my mums bed!

They get contented easily and Ive had a few purrs! Bless them! The more I work at it the better they'll be!

You know what? I justremembered. My grandmother's father was Irish, so the namewould fall in well in our bloodline! :)

BunnyMommy wrote:
I'm thinking that it's pronounced "SEE-o-ban".

Close at all? :)

Haha the most common one! Its pronounced more like Sha-vorn. The most hated one that people call me is SHIVON! GRRR! LOL!

Oh, WOW! Even a unique pronunciation!

That's beautiful!!!

Even with the challenges that will arise from other peopletrying to pronounce it I still think that it's going to be afrontrunner for me. It has even a musical quality, not tomention the aesthetics of the spelling.

Is there any story behind why your parents named you this?

QTbunnies wrote:
Siobhan is an Irish name and it is good to have a name thatwhen it is shouted, 10 people dont turn around! :DThe onlyproblem is it gets prounounced wrong so much! Some of the attemps madeby people are cracking! LOL!
I know exactly what youmean! My name is Toby which is rare enough but especially for a womanlol! My children (all boys) also have unique names Quinten, SpencerDayne, and Liam. The only one people can't seem to pronounce is Liam.Which seems odd to me. I don't find it that unique with actors likeLiam Nieson being so popular. But when we holler for them on theplayground they are the only ones that answer.....when they aren'tignoring us of course:p

Latest posts

Back