Bigger Bunny people question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
OMG SHE EATS LIKE A PIG!!!

and I bet she's 2x the size in just 10 days!!!

Is that normal?!?!

Bo grew fast but he's a mini-rex so it was not all that big! and Cloverbunny - she did too but she's a cottontail so she's even smaller......... or at least skinnier and longer..

This rabbit is a moose! lol!

What breed is she? And how old? The largest breeds grow a little more slowly, but they do eat like it's going out of style. When I would have a litter of Flemish,mom and babiescould go through a pound of feed a day, easily.

OMG that's so funny! Bo and Cloverbunny only eat like 1/3 cup per day and they've never eaten much more.

This little piggy eats anything I put in front of her face. She's actually gotten about twice as big since we brought her home on the 19th of last month.

She's so funny tho! Totally different personality from Bo and Clover.

Here's a photo I just took of her:

prettybabyheidi.jpg

yep, she's a palomino. I got her from an ARBA judge who breeds them and a zillion other bunnies. It's where I got my mini-rex too.

Wow! I thought she looked like a Palomino- they just aren't that common, though. I love her coloring :inlove:

clarzoo wrote:
Wow! I thought she looked like a Palomino- they just aren't that common, though. I love her coloring :inlove:

Thanks! When they had her for sale, I just couldn't say no! I have always wanted a bigger bunny and a Palomino was my choice a long time ago! I love the goldens!

She's a dollbaby in personality! she takes off if she doesn't want to be messed with (she wants her playtime) but when she's had enough time - she will happily lay on me and stretch out for lots of petting!

She pushes her nose under my chin all the time - I think it's sort of a kiss from her.

New question!!!

First, I've always been told - under 9 mos - unlimited hay and unlimited pellets.

Is that true for show bunnies? and the larger breeds (I guess she's a larger breed?)

Heidi eats quite a bit of pellets each day. I fill her bowl 2 to 3 times and it's about 1/3 cup. She also eats her hay....... if I don't give her pellets she will chow the hay - if I do give her pellets she'll leave the hay.

She's got a fat tummy today..... not like rolls, but hard like she's eaten a ton. I just don't remember what the babies are like - I seem to remember Bo eating like that some and having a fat tummy but he was no where near her size......

How old is Heidi? I still free-feed my Checkered Giant and he's nine months old right now and I wish he would eat more, but it's just too hot! As long as she's pooping normally, I'd allow her to eat as much as she wants. If you are having to fill her food bowl that often, I'd just get a larger foodbowl. It might cut down on her 'gorging' at feeding time if she has a larger amount available all the time. As her growth slows down it will be easier to tell visually if she needs her food cut back.

I know what would definitely solve this problem. New pictures of Heidi!! :biggrin2:

LOL! I just told her I'm getting her a new food bowl! She "guards" that food bowl when I give her the pellets. She sometimes leaves some and then eats them later. But if she's hungry when I fill it...... look out! she can't wait. She's even dumped her bowl because she was being so obnoxious about it! LOL!

I'll try to get some new photos tomorrow. I swear she's grown more! She also had more coarse hair on her back mostly before...... now it's starting to get softer all over. I wonder if that's the feed and just her losing the old hair? she's not molting at all!

My gosh you should see her binky! It's like this floppy stuffed animal jiggling! LOL!

She thumped at something again today and we all just laughed and laughed cause it was on the hardwood with a big blanket. It was LOUD! :D

Latest posts

Back