Big "Thumbs Up" to T******* Garden Centre

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey76

Reaction score
Because they wouldn't let me buy the buns that I wanted!

I had been staring at the buns for about half an hour trying to decide which ones I wanted, then I went to find an assisstant. The lady was very, very nice.

She told me that they were 8 weeks old, and she knew which ones were male and which were female. She told be all about feeding them - that they had x brand of pellets and x brand of hay, and for the first week this is all they should eat, as they were not used to any fresh veggies. She told me that I should introduce fresh food into their diet very slowly as rabbits have delicate stomachs and any abrupt change could be harmful.

She asked me what size cage they were going to be in and then said that I couldn't have the buns that I wanted as they were not suitable for living outside as they were too delicate.

I was really disappointed because I had my heart set on a particular pair; but I was also really impressed because it would have been much easier, and less time consuming, just to sell me the buns and let me deal with any problems I had in the future.

Unfortunately my house is totally unsuitable for a house rabbit (or two), so I'm going to keep on looking for a cute pair of rabbits for living outside.

Aw, I bet that was hard to hear.

I do think though that buns can be transitioned outside unless there is a particular reason why that is not feasible. Especially when it is coming up to summer and the bunny would have a good chance to adjust at the warmest time of year.

I hope you find your buns soon :)

Back