big scare - thanks jack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
have just gone into the rabbits roomto find jack slumped on his side looking rather dead.

Just gave him a gentle nudge and he moved.

I have seen the play dead position b4 but this was something else, my bunny is gonna be a star some day i tell u xx

LOL Ya gotta loveit when they decide to seeIf Your Heart is still working, especially first thing in themorning LOL .

Wait till he pulls it and youshake and poke shake and pokewith No response , just as you hit Panicmode , He Pops up and looks at You Like"What is Your Issue Woman " . thats aboutthe time you justwant to shave them nekkid .

being a new rabbit person lucy my rabbit did that flop thing

i got such a shock i was asking adrian my son to phone the vets

what a fool i felt when they said it was normal

but what a shock i got

varna xxxx

I'll say it can be VERY scary!!!!
These buns scaring their parents,,, just who do they think they are????:ponder:

Benji was fast asleep one day, and dad playsthis game with him called "Imma get your nose!"... Dad goes in andpokes his butt... he didnt move... he pokes his nose... still notmoving... He puts his fingers under him... no movement... Dad isfreaking out at this point. About 10 seconds later Benji jumps up andgrunts at him. I still get a kick out of that story!!

-Danielle

a221.gif

We had that just recently. I got my husband aflemish giant baby bun almost a month ago. For the last few weeks theheat has been a killer. So I place a frozen water bottle in forSweetPea. I come walking in to check on her and I see this of her
My heart just sank and I did not want my hubby to see her like that. SoI went into her pen and poked her for 15 mins and shaking her as well.No movement then I decided to go and get my hubby. She jumped up allmad because I woke her up from a deep sleep.

An hour later she did it again likethis.
I knew that she is alive but I decided to double check. I started toshake her and she looked up like why'd you do dat mummie. Stop and I amnot dead.

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
I started to shake her and she looked up like why'd you dodat mummie. Stop and I am not dead.
That's the difference between SweetPea andmy Pebbles. When Pebbles flops, her eyes are wideopen and her ears are straight up.

If there is any sound or movement she would jump upon her feet. She still sleeps with her eyes open.:foreheadsmack:

Rainbows! :D

Vash likes to do that when I have guests over the house:

Guest - Something is wrong with your rabbit! I think he is dead.

Me - No, he is just sleeping.

Guest - NO! He just flopped over and now he's not moving! You need to check him.

Me - No, really he is just sleeping.

Guest - *poking Vash in the bum and getting no response* I think he is sick.

Vash - *sits up and snorts at guest andthen proceeds to flop back over and sleep*

Me - Told ya' *chuckles*

Oh yeah I find it pretty funny. But it is notcool when they do the flop when it so soooooooooo quiet and still inthe room or when they do it on a platform and they were to close andfell on the floor. Thumper did that alot.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
If there is any sound or movement shewould jump up on her feet. She still sleeps with her eyesopen. :foreheadsmack:

Rainbows! :D

My Jordi does that as well. Until I got Wes, I thought all bunnies slept with their eyes open! Cute pic, cute bunny!!

jordiwes wrote:
My Jordi does that as well. Until I got Wes, I thought allbunnies slept with their eyes open! Cute pic, cute bunny!!
Thanks Steph! Your bunnies Jordi and Wes are cutetoo. I think my next bunny will be alop. It's been a month since you had the twotogether, how are they getting along?

I had Pebbles for about 9 months now, she's about 14 months old.

Rainbows! :)

They love each other now, thanks for asking! Itwas an easy bonding session and a perfect outcome! My husband and I arereally happy we got a companion for Jordi, she loves him to death andis constantly being groomed by him!

jordiwes wrote:
an easy bonding session and a perfect outcome!
I'm glad everything turned out good foryou. Do they share everything together,like the cage, water, foods, and litter box?

I still ponder if I should get a secondbunny. I love the relationship we havewith Pebbles now, and would wonder if it wouldchange if anotherbunny came into our lives.

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I'm glad everything turned out good foryou. Do they share everything together,like the cage, water, foods, and litter box?

I still ponder if I should get a secondbunny. I love the relationship we havewith Pebbles now, and would wonder if it wouldchange if anotherbunny came into our lives.

They do share everything. I'm thinking about getting a third bunny from the shelter :).

When we got Wes, Jordi did pay a little less attention to us, but nowwe have 2 bunnies to fawn over. It's fun to groom Jordi's left earwhile Wesley is grooming her right ear. Plus our other bunny has such adifferent personality than her, it's nice to have experiences with bothtypes.

Plus we worry less when we have to go out for the evening.

Latest posts

Back