Big News for the College Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEEM

Reaction score
It's official. I just made the final decision onmoving to a new house when this term is up. Right now my bunnies and Iare in a small campus apartment, but in June we'll be moving into acute 4 bedroom house with a few friends of mine. Not only will thebunnies have more permanent playmates in the house, but they're gettingtheir own room!! The basement is half finished, so we're putting a sortof rec room down there, and off to the side is a good sized storageroom that we're going to dedicate to be the bunny play pen. It's allsurfaced concrete with no exposed wires or wood, so it's easy to bunnyproof. They'll have free run out and about to be with people when we'rehome, but when we're not they'll still have so much space!

What's even more exciting than that is that there are TWO such rooms inthe basement so we're seriously considering becoming a foster home forthe MN House rabbit society. It's an ideal living space and would be agreat environment for socializing new rabbits. It's quiet and cool andeasy to keep clean... Exciting developments...

There's also a large, securely fenced backyard so the kids may havesome outdoor run time this summer which they've never had before. We'reall quite excited. I think Harold and Judy can sense it. They won'tstay out from underfoot at all tonight!

Here are the kids following my roommate around:
bunniesfollowing.jpg

They're usually active and social, but they do seem a little over excited tonight. I guess our excitement is rubbing off.

Congratulations!!

Oh I am so happy for you all. Harold and Judy get their ownroom that is Awesome. And a yard wow. I am really excited for you. Nowonder they bunns are excited just reading the post and I'm doing thehappy dance for ya'll.

That really is Great News. Again congratulations.

Tina and Apollo

I'm getting more and more excited about the moveto our new house! A couple of our roommates still hadn't seen it so wewalked over today to get a better idea of what furniture we need andthe like. I took a better look at the potential bunny rooms in thebasement and they're SOOOOO big! I imagined them as about half the sizethey actually are. One is meant to be a carpentry room and has asizable work bench that would be great for all the bunny toys and foodand litter. The other is also quite large, I would guess about 8 footby 6 foot. I think this is where Harold and Judy will be staying. Weplan to make them quite the jumble of boxes and ramps and tunnels toplay in. It's going to be a good time.

And here's a picture of the house from the outside (since peopleactually live there now I didn't want to run around snapping photos).It's a little rainy, so it usually looks a little more chipper, but itsure looks cute to me! :)
newhouse.jpg

thats such a cute house! is that still in St.Paul? because i think i've seen it before when i was down there for afamily get together.. very cute, i love the St. Paul houses! lol

It is in St. Paul. It's very close to theMacalester campus, so if you were in that area you may have seen it. Ifeel like there are probably many houses in St. Paul that are identicalto it, though. :)

ohh yeah.. manymany house there look soo muchalike, lol.. just different color, lol.. have you seen Josh harnettsnew house?? i saw it on the channel 9 nws a long time ago like when iwas in 8th grade(im in 11th now) but i was near where he bought his newhouse

I haven't. I don't really keep up with thatstuff. But funny thing, I voted with Josh. He lives in our precinct sowe have the same voting station. He got in line right behind me to voteand we had a nice chat. He seems like a nice guy. He hangs outsometimes at a coffee shop right off campus. Many people have had "JoshSightings". I think Sharon Stone also lives around here. I saw her in arestaurant once.

yeah i LOVE Josh.. i never met him though :( loloh well.. so yeah you must live close to him then, lol.. im surprizedhe loves it here in minnesota, i cant wait till im out of minnesota,lol.. i didnt know Sharon Stone lived around here

Cinna,
I think many people really love getting away from where they grew up.Texas is great, but I was so ready to move away when it was time forcollege and now I really like it here. There's just something excitingabout being someplace really different and new.

Bramble Briar,
Thanks! I'm so excited. I think the kids will really love it. I'll besure to take lots of pictures as their new play space evolves. I can'tbelieve it's less than 2 months away!!!

yeah your right.. i love to try new things, andliving here for 17years just isnt so new anymore, and i need to getout.. which i will be too! hopefully to a new country too, lol i wannamove to aus. lol.. but i'll vist there for like a couple of months thenmove south.. i hate the snow! LOL, i have everything planned out also,lol

How exciting! What a lovelyhouse!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Harold& Judy will be so pleased! :cool:

EEEM, I am so happy for you. I bet youcan't wait to move in and start decorating and setting up Harold andJudy's room. I love the picture you posted of the house. It looksawesome.

Congratulations!

Tina

More news on the college front!

I officially have a job for the summer, which is quite a load off. I'llbe working for the Dean of Students at my college. It'll be greatbecause home is only 2 blocks from work and the hours are great. Thebunnies will have lots of time and attention from me during their peakplaying hours!

Also, even more exciting, the MN HRS, now called the MinnesotaCompanion Rabbit Society, is in need of more foster homes! They sent mean application and seemed very excited about us. So it looks like Iwill be fostering soon. Also, I've fallen in love with one of theircurrent foster rabbits,
Zahra
My roommate and I have talked a little about getting a third rabbit. Weworry that introducing a third rabbit to the already bonded pair mightnot work well, but they are both very laid back and loving, so we mighttry a couple of "dates" with Zahra and see what happens. It's just oneof those things we think about.

Latest posts

Back