Big enough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does'nt look big enough to me, but I'm used to seeing my bun in a NIC cage. Have you thought about making one of those yourself, I'm sure it would be cheaper to make than the one you are thinking of buying. :)

I don't think that look big enough. I have netherland dwarfs (one of the smallest breeds)and wouldn't put them in a cage that small.

Maybe look into some other options.

I don't know the answer to that, sorry. I know a place in the UK, but that's of no use.

Hopefully some AUS members will chime in here.

They have a variety of other names, like organize-its, wire storage cubes (this seems to be a very common name) so maybe try googling various things and seeing what you come up with?

Not sure about Austrlia in New Zealand I know it is very hard to find.

This site has a "Find Materials" section on the left, and you can also ask where to find stuff in Australia on the forum:
http://www.guineapigcages.com/

Great examples and instructions there, btw!

Other good ideas are large dog crates or dog exercise pens.

I really don't like store-bought "rabbit cages." I find the doors are too small, making them hard to clean and really hard to pick up the rabbit and take it out.. The cages are usually too small and you'll find that the shelf looks dinky when you put a full-grown dutch on it. That's a baby in the picture. I also like my cages to sit on the floor so the rabbit can easily hop in and out during play time. It's easier to litter-train them that way and less worries with cage aggression.

That site is GENIOUS!

I know just where to look now, and it saves me $200! Thanks for the idea!
How big do you think I should make it? I'm going to make one of the open 2-level cages.

XD

Latest posts

Back