'Big Bang Machine' Set to Start Up Wednesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Ooo - it'll be like a real life apocalypse!:biggrin2::laughsmiley:

Honestly guys, I wouldn't worry. Do you really think this guy would be allowed to through with this experiment if there was any chance it could go wrong?:)

Yeah I would, humans make mistakes and computers are only as good as the data entered in by humans. People can be led to believe anything, that something should proceed because ofwhat it mayyield, many things that are dangerous can be made to look positive, it just depends on the spin put on it.

Scientists are people prone to errors in calculations,theories and methodslike anyone else. Examples are numerous throughout history. Just because someone has a doctorate or is considered an expert in a field does not mean she/he is right.

Now, do I think something might go wrong and the world is going to end, I doubt it. Am I going to worry about it? No, I got enoughproblems everyday to deal with. Besides, if the world does end, I know where I am going to spend eternity. So lets rock!

Well I was thinking, how could we die if the earth was sucked into a black hole? Wouldn't we still be living? How would it be different?

And how do you mean that we won't even know that the earth is in pieces? We would be dead, in heaven so how wouldn't we know? Wouldn't we feel pain, see the explosion? feel it?

My .02 worth...

IMO, this guy is wack crazy....in some ways. I mean, he may be sayinghis experiment could begood, but in his plans, he could of made it to do exactly the opposite in the first place, which would be...destroying the world.

I was once realized something about God that was so true, but now when I need it the most it's not in my mind.....I'm remembering it more and more though. It had to do with the bible somehow, so when I remember it, I'll edit and add it.

Anyway, I do believe in God, but I really doubt he created much more than the things on Earth itself...I think that he just picked Earth because he knew life could inhabit it, but the universe was already there, ya know.

I haven't even heard of this "Big Bang Machine" project until this morning...and honestly, the first word out of my mouth was "Awesome!" why my sister questioned me why I thought that. lol.

She told me again like 5 minutes ago and THAT's when it sunk in that the Earth COULD be destroyed tomorrow and we'd all die. :(

Now, as far as the death part -could- go...If Earth was sucked into a black hole,it still be Earth and we'd still be alive?I mean, how does Earth get sucked up....by Earth itself? It's simply impossible I think....but then again, it could happen....only the black hole would seem universal itself.

Emily

It's not 'some guy', it's a group of scientists from around the world doing this experiment.

Also once the machine is turned on it will take about a month for all the little bits to be racing around fast enough for them to do anything anyway, so you have some more time to think on it :p.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Just my .02...

I am studying the sciences myself, but I am also a believer in the Christian faith.
My best guess is that there IS a GOD, and yes, He built the world, universe, and all points further out and in between.

BTW, If they fire this sucker up, hopefully the big bang we hear won't be our planet imploding...

i'm with you(on God and on the planet not exploding;))

and Wabbitdad12, i only heard about it tonight:D, so i must be really cut off:p!

I'll point out at this point in our extensive debate :)cool: gotta love a science/religion/end of the world story !!!) that the US gov't put humans on the moon using the slide rule.
Not the most advanced piece of equipment, but practical (and obviously effective).

Seriously, if we can send dudes to outer space & bring them back using a slide rule, this probably won't go too badly...

NZminilops wrote:
It's not 'some guy', it's a group of scientists from around the world doing this experiment.

Also once the machine is turned on it will take about a month for all the little bits to be racing around fast enough for them to do anything anyway, so you have some more time to think on it :p.
Haha ok, that's good. Alright, then the scientists are crazy in some ways, lol.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
I'll point out at this point in our extensive debate :)cool: gotta love a science/religion/end of the world story !!!) that the US gov't put humans on the moon using the slide rule.
Not the most advanced piece of equipment, but practical (and obviously effective).

Seriously, if we can send dudes to outer space & bring them back using a slide rule, this probably won't go too badly...
True, but severalmen died and there were many, many failures before they were successful!

I was researching this a bit earlier and it said that it could take four years for a black hole to be made. That got me thinking, four year, 2012.

Apparent doomsday is on 12-12-12. Thats in four years. You know how they said that a computer thing has predicted things and is predicted this doomsday? This big bang is causing that computer to predict it.:shock: Because in four years if a black hole has been created that will be doomsday. If these people didnt create this machine, the computer wouldn't have predicted it. Its pretty shocking....

This is what i am thinking. Smart aren't I?

The doomsday thing comes from the Mayan calender - that was planned and quite acuratefor hundreds of years, then some scientists say stopped as 2012 for some reason.. others say it's later, around 2060. Some say it's some huge catastrophic event that the world will disappear, but others say it's more of a spiritual awakening.. final understanding of how the earth came abouts maybe?

If the world does disappear.. I honestly wouldn't be too upset, I'm thankful to be here, and I'm not gaurantee'd to live forever, could be taken away from any of us tomorrow - doesn't mean we should obsess and be consumed more about dying than living :D.

welp, i'm still here! i guess it isn't going to be the end of the world after all:biggrin2:

WE'RE ALL STILL ALIVE WOOP WOOP

Apart from Nibbles :tears2::rip::cry1:

I never understood this whole 'doomsday' thing, no offence to anyone that believes in it by I think it's a pile pf twaddle to be honest!

I'm with Spring on this one. Any of us could die tomorrow, or we could live to be 100. We shouldn't worry about things we can't control. And anyway, this machine has been in planning for around 30 years, so it really isn't dangerous. These scientists know what they are doing. Proven by the fact that we are still here really!;)

They only started it up going in one direction, they still have to start it up in the other direction and then collide the two beams.

Your right though, enough stuff to worry about.

What does that mean? There's still a chance we could die?

iloveyounibbles :hearts:brownbunny

BabyBunnies wrote:
What does that mean? There's still a chance we could die?

iloveyounibbles :hearts:brownbunny

It just means the experiment is ongoing so isn't over yet. I honestly hand-on-heart wouldn't worry about this experiment Becca.:) It's mostly just a bunch of scaremongering going on on TV. I know GMTV were ridiculous about it this morning. Apparently awoman rang up as her daughter was inconsolable about it!:?

It'll be fine I promise.:hug:

My Us History teacher thinks that the world will end on 12-12-12. I hope not till I am gone. I want to be able to live my dreams and have a family before I die.

Becca, I am so sorry about Nibbles. Just yesterday many of us were freaking out about how we though we might die today. We all lived, but a very sweet boy was taken instead. Maybehe sacrificed his life for ours.....likeJesus did. He was a very beautiful bunny and helived a long life, you may not have been ready, but God was. I am starting to cry.....RIP Nibbles. :bawl:

The rumor of the year ending on December 21, 2012 is based upon the Mayan calendar...the Mayans ended their calendar on that date, and people began assuming that it must mean the end of the world for lack of any better explanation. Others have taken a lighter theory, in that 2012 will signify a new 'awakening' or spiritual beginning for Mankind. It certainly doesn't mean that the world will end...some are simply assuming that. There will always be doomsday prophecies; there have been long before I was born (and all those whose prediction dates have come and passed were obviously incorrect)and there will continue to be long after I'm gone. No sense in even giving such things a second thought.

I find that fear is inversely proportional to knowledge (ie. we fear the unknown etc.) ... the more you know, the less you'll be afraid of something. So if something is scary, do a little research online - read about BOTH sides of the story - and it'll usually diminish your fear.

There's room in my head for both the religious and scientific theories, I don't try to get the Bibleto reconcile with science because that's a lesson in futility.

I think the big bang machine is really cool.

Just the other day, my hubby and I were talking about how the transfer of wealth to the middle east (due to them having all the oil, and us needing all the oil) has so much to do with the fact that we have moved so much of our money out of general research for the sake of research and into things like the military etc. (Yes, we have nerdy conversations like this)

Imagine all that money we spent on wars going into research.

That's how things like the laser came about - totally just doing research for the sake of doing research. And now... how would we live without the laser? No CDs, no DVDs, ...

Imagine if this experiment results in a new power source - something that can provide clean, efficient power -Eliminate our dependence on oil. Think of what a different world we would live in.

And even more cool... if they discover that the Big Bang didn't happen like the theory says, our kids will be learning all new things in school - things that we would never have dreamed of.

This is big. This is like the moon landing. Like thinking the world was flat and discovering that it's actually round (which didn't happen that long ago and there is actually still a lot of people that believe it's flat).

Anyways... enough from me... rant off. :)
:rant:

Nadia

Back