Beware For Your Buns!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Easter time is coming, and this is when peoplewhant to buy their kids a rabbit - especially a baby one. But it's notonly buying - STEALING.
Like at Christmas, people will steal puppies. Easter - bunnies!!
Please keep this in mind, make sure your buns are safely watched - especially youngsters or small rabbits.
My friend told me this cause she knows that I own rabbits. I cantotally understand that!! You don't have to take this seriously, but Iwould still be warned!!

i would be careful but i doubt where i live anyone would steal a rabbit but i guess its possiable!

Also for anyone who breeds bunnies and have a litter due, or young atthe min be careful who you sell them too and if possiable wait tillafter easter before selling them on.

We no longer allow strangers in my rabbitry onaccount of stories i heard from breeders.one is the people come overclaiming too want a rabbit for 4H then they ask a lot of questionsabout your best rabbits.they come back later when you are not home andsteal the best ones.some of these show rabbits sell for hundreds ofdollars.bluebird

I don't think I have to worry, no one can findmy house even with directions! When I do get a good rabbit barn built,though, I am going to make the door with a latch that can bepadlocked-just in case!

If I were a breeder, I probably just wouldn'tsell any around Easter and I'd explain to people why. If theywant a rabbit, then they should still want one a month later.Too often they are impulse buys and after a very short period oftime-forgotten:sad:.

That's why it's up to all of us to get those flyers out. "Make MineChocolate" and the one I really like I'll paste below, you can get moreoff the HRS website by typing "easter flyers" in the searchbar. I put one up in a grocery store the other dayand I have more in my car.

childstoy.jpg

:laugh:

Blyre wrote:
Anyone who came into my apartment without invitation would be making a serious, and final, mistake.
I feel the same way about my room. I have a 50 pound dog that is soaggressive, she'll viciously attack anyone she doesn't know. I canassure that while the thieves may be walking in, I highly doubt they'llbe walking out. :rofl:

I can't believe that someone would do that. Well, I can believe it, but it is disgusting. :disgust:

Our dog, Scooby, is well known in this area. She is feared, not onlyfor her own notorious dislike for strangers, but if anyone hurt her,they would have to contend with my BF. He is a big, scary looking baldguy, who looks mad ALL the time. He was called Satan in HighSchool. Healso has the strongest hands I have ever seen, my BIL calls him GorillaFists! :lolScooby is a big softy if you know her though. Sheis good friends with my rabbit and has never hurt her. She likes tryingto bop her in the head and eat those little bunny-made treats! :eats:

~Star~

I live in East Orlando and we have had a lot ofanimal thefts going on in our area. People stealing petsright out of the yard and porches during the day when you are home.

Orlando has gone crazy in the past year of the high $$ prices thatanimals are selling for and it's not just purebred animals it's mixbreeds too or should i say Designer Pets :X.

That's why we put cameras up all over our property.

Just let someone try and steal one of my pets.:boxing

My brother had his pet ferret stolen off his front porch, he even had the cage padlocked-so they stole it too!

Yeah, and don't even get me started on the so-called designer dogs! Isaw at a small animal auction a few months ago, some guy brought in amale standard poodle, a female yellow lab, and a rat terrier/possiblysheltie mix pup, as in tiny pup, just barely weaned. All intact, ofcourse. The yellow lab was pretty friendly, and liked atention. The pupwas so scared it was shaking, not surprising in those surroundings. Themale poodle is the one that broke my heart. (And I don't even likepoodles!)
He was huddled back against the cattle panel he was tied to, (tied soshort he couldn't lay down or take two steps, even) and looked likeevery minute he expected to be hit or kicked in some way. And ofcourse, since he wasn't real friendly and outgoing, like all dogsshould be of course, no one was the slightest bit interested in him.The owner had just registered the dogs with the sale barn and left themthere. I left my name with the people that ran the sale and told themthat if the owner wouldn't come back for him, I would take him. I nevergot a call about him, but that has really stuck in my head. He was justone of those animals that clicked with me, you know?

Ya my garage is attached to my house and islocked like the rest of my place. We have all steel doors anddeadbolts. I dont think my pets are a concern.

Back