Betadine for sore hocks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
I have a vet appointment scheduled for this Thursday for our two Mini Rexes. I want their sore hocks to be thoroughly examined to see if antibiotic treatment is needed (beyond external treatment).

Is it safe for me to apply a small amount of Betadine on their hocks until the time of their vet visit? (Or is it very dangerous if they consume it? I can't bandage their legs; they'll eat anything and everything.)

Thank you,

Jenk

Jenk wrote:
I have a vet appointment scheduled for this Thursday for our two Mini Rexes. I want their sore hocks to be thoroughly examined to see if antibiotic treatment is needed (beyond external treatment).

Is it safe for me to apply a small amount of Betadine on their hocks until the time of their vet visit? (Or is it very dangerous if they consume it? I can't bandage their legs; they'll eat anything and everything.)

Thank you,

Jenk
mini-rex,s//sore hocks//betadine is what i use/to guard against infection//sore hocks have varing degrees of sore/worn/bloody/--animal-weight and floor surface are two major factors,,my rex,s have a flat surface/towels/and a moderate diet,,just to accomadate the rear feet//the fur on the feet appear worn,sometimes pink--that is all you can hope for//can-only be alot worse//their little feet have thin layer of fur so if their feet are open/bloody--consider weight (diet)-and floor walking surface,,i have heard of carpeting --what ever helps-/.i can only hope the condition is not serious enough to warrant antibiotics-sincerely james waller:wave:

Latest posts

Back