Best time to have mum spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

India

Reaction score
My Coco is doing really well with her babies.They are now 4 and a half weeks old. They are absolutly beautiful. Theyare growing and growing and growing. :happybunny:I was just wonderingthough. We want to get her spayed soon. When would you recommend is thebest time. The vet said after 8 weeks. Is this about right.Also how long can the babies stay with mum, before you canseperate them.

I will be posting some more photos of the babies soon. So you can see how much they have grown.

You can spay her after the babies are weaned,which is usually about 8 weeks. Some does will wean thebabies a little sooner on their own. After 8 weeks, you'llwant to make sure all the baby boys are out of her cage just incasethey "bloom" early.

:yeahthat

But the little girlies can sometimes stay with her forever if you planon keeping any, when my Bridge bunny Berri had babies we kept 2 of themwith her full time, and the 3 of them would still be together if shewas still alive.

Are you keeping any?

When I foster a mom and her babies, the mom normally goes in for her spay when I take the boys in for their neuter.

But I would reccommend that if this is your first time dealing withmaturing babies to seperate the boys out at 8 weeks of age, and thenfrom that point on mom can get spayed at any time. That wayyou are garunteed to not have any accidents.

--Dawn

Yes we are going to keep 2. :)2 girls,they are so adorable we cant resist them. They are sofriendly they come bouncing over everytime we are near the hutch. theyloved to be stroked and made a fuss of.

Its lovely to know that we have seen them from birth, and we have seen them grow, and watch there personality's come out.

Latest posts

Back