best place to get fresh hay near vancouver?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bummie, another Vancouverite, we're really taking over the forum. ;)

I get my hay in bulk -- and I mean bulk :rollseyes-- fromfeed stores out in the suburbs. Poor Aurora/Dawn is doing allthe work. ;) We really should organize someofficial runs and do a better job of rounding up other people andsplitting up bales.

Definitely don't order from Oxbow. I get 60 to 90 lb balesfor$12 to $15from the feed store, Oxbowwill be 10 lbs for $20 or more.

What area are you in?

sas :)

Are you in Vancouver or in the surrounding area?

I go to a feed store in Delta (Westway Feed), and they are super good.

Vanderveen Hay is also really good, they are in Langley and have a really good selection.

Maybe this summer I'll organize a proper hay run and buy a whole bunchof hay and do delivery run. I did it for some SARS memberslast summer and it worked out really well.

--Dawn

omg!! 90lbs!!! sweet! :)is it quite fresh? how long can u keep it for?

im in the nort burnaby area

we should def organize some hay runs if others are interested :)

just got these bunnies and i just want whats best for them :bunnydance:

thanks pipp!

Here's my hay load -- four different kinds.

100_2223.jpg

As long as you keep it dry and well-ventilated, it's fine, lasts a loooog time. :)

Best to try for Alberta hay, they have to spray the Washington timothy with a pesticide.

PS: It's all been either taken out of the bags, now, or there aredozens of holes punched in the bags and they hay tossed around to makesure it's dry.

sas

Yes, that is exactly the place I go to.

The girl at the front desk even has her own buns.

They have smaller bales, about 60 pounds.

I put mine in a rubber maid bin. I have two, one smaller onewith a flip top lid that will fit about 3 flakes and a big one thatwill fit the rest of the bale for long term storage.

If you don't want to store an entire bale, you can PM me and we canmake some arrangements for you to take a portion of mine.I've got a friend who comes a picks up a flake or two every couplemonths for her buns as she doesn't have the storage space (and she hasreally bad allergies).

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back