Best flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamnjo

Reaction score
My parents room is right under mine so they can hear every noise my bunnies make. I need an easy solution that i dont have to go out and buy that's water(pee) proof and they dont distroy.

Thanks everyone.:brownbunny

I am not quite sure what you are asking? A sound proof floor?

Could you some how get thick styrofoam sheets from a hardware store or something, then get a peice of plywoood and use a sheet of linoleum (or use chloroplast)?

I would think a hardware store, like Home Depot, would have some sheets of styrofoam from having things shipped in. You could ask them, I think that would block the noise of the bunnies thumping or rolling toys around on the floor, since the foam would act as a noise barrier.

You'd have to go out and buy the plywood and chloroplast, but the foam should be free if they have some to throw out anyway!

could you lift it off the floor at all?

Like prop something secure under each corner and the middle?That way it won't be resting on the floor, which should stop some of the noise.

Our kitchen is under where my buns cage is, and it's louder in the kitchen than it is in my room. I don't have nay solutions, but good luck.

Oh, I do have one, ear plugs for your parents :p

I like the idea that undergunfire had, and don't have any of my own. But how long have you had your buns? When I first got Nelson he used to keep me up when he played at night, but now I have trouble sleeping anywhere there's not friendly bunny noises. Maybe you're parents just need to tough it out for a few weeks until the sound doesn't bother them anymore and they just forget about it, like the fridge running and the heat shutting on and off.

ive had my bunnies for 2 and a half years and 1 and a half years. I think i will try to find something to put it on. That seemed like the best idea. But thanks everyone for your help:brownbunny

Latest posts

Back