Best Cage Source?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunman

Reaction score
If i can & do bond Flops &Daisy, what is the most economical & decent quality source fora large cage? It must be able to be taken apart for cleaning. Pleasepost links. Thank you.

They look very nice AND even the cheapest would put a major dent in my
bank account!:D I have conventional wire cages (wood floors installed by me)
which i'm pretty satisfied with.

I put them under the shower (hot water) for monthly cleaning.
In between i use a vinegar solution. A cage that could be taken apartwould simplify cleaning. I'm somewhat low energy so anything that helpsme get the job done is a good thing.:)

Up until recently I've had a NIC cage, and Ireally liked them because of the amount of room it gave my buns (1German Angora and 1 Jersey Wooley) but neither one was fully pottytrained and they would pee on the carpet of the cage a lot, and out thesides if they were on the second or third level. It was getting prettybad, so modified my cage to have a slotted bottom. It was a gooddesign, but so heavy because of the materials we used that it wasn'tworking out. I finally relented and bought the biggest one level wirecage I could find. I ordered it from KW Cages.KW Cages HomePageIt's called a Rabbit SpaceHousetraining Cage #4529. It's 40x30wide and 26inches high. What Ireallylikedis that it wasthe tallest cageI could find of it's style so the buns can stretch easily. Also I putit together using zip ties instead of the J Clips, so I can clip themapart and fold it up easily. I left the lid unhooked, I just use acable clamp, so I can open the lid easily if and when I need to. I'mthinking of buying a secondsmaller cage to add ontoit so it can be longer.

Some members use play pens like what they sell for dogs as theireveryday cage.I have one for the buns to play in when I can'tsupervise. That would definitely beeasy to move and clean andwould fit in the tub without a doubt. You could put a big sheet ofcoroplast underneath for a floor, that's REALLY easy to clean. A bitslippery for the buns so you'll probably have to use some grass matsfor traction.

Hope that helps!

Megan

OK, will consider all this...they may just stayin two cages in which case i'll just get a bigger standard cage forDaisy like Flops has (Flops is now in a 36 x 18 x 18, plenty of room tostand up). I strive to let them out daily but don't always make it.Daisy gets to chewing the boards in her cage - hope she's not TOObored. (no pun intended).

She is getting much more affectionate now, she was a bitstandoffish & tended to freeze in the cage. (Was a stray). Ijust ordered her a pellet hopper - she always used to dump or pee inany feed bowl!

Latest posts

Back