Best brush for Mini Rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mei

Reaction score
So I am having troubles, I purchased a hair buster comb when I got Snowy (purebred lionhead), and it's worked wonders since day 1! BUT for some reason it barley gets anything off of Yuki! She is a purebred mini rex, so if anyone knows of any brushes that would work for her type of fur that would be wonderful! Thank you ♡
.:*・゜゚・*☆ /(・ × ・)\ *:.。. .。.:*

I have so many brushes for Theo because nothing seems to work. Right now, I'm using a brush similar to the furminator and I really like it. I also have a rubber bottle brush that I spray with water and brush over Theo to get any loose fur (the weird things you do when owning rabbits 😂). I also have a toothbrush for his face and feet, several dog brushes from the dollar store, and I plan on buying a rubber curry comb for dogs to see if it works.

Google on Safari soft slicker brush. They come in different sizes and specifically advertised for dogs or cats. The soft tines work perfect for all our rex buns, however we do not have any long-hair hair jersey woolies or a lionhead, etc. The Safara slicker brush was obtained from a pet supply stores probably 15 years ago(?). -- We've used a flea comb, not for fleas at all, but to gently remove any possible romaine juice mini-mats near the cheeks & chins of our crew. Highly doubt a flea comb would work well for Yuki's fur as rex fur is more dense. Hope this helps in case you see a soft slicker brush in your travels about town or online.

Latest posts

Back