best breed for kids

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn'thowever, ever recommend a fuzzy toanyone!!!

Good Luck!

Raspberry

Ok thats why I asked if he was mean..:) I misunderstood what you meant. How close are you to Larned?

Now why on earth hasn't anyone mentioned FlemishGiants? In my own humble opion, they are the perfect breed! I raisethem, (not that I'm biased, or anything!) and I also have Mini Rex,which are a nice breed also. Flemish tend to be rather laid back, quietand easy to handle. You have to be ready for the size, though, theyaverage about 15 pounds or more full grown. I think for kids they aregood not only because of the quiet temperment, but they stand up betterto inexpert handling because of their size. Here is a pic of my herdstarter buck. He is retired now because he developed a heart condition(Which they can do if you let them get overwieght) but he is still inmy barn, and still forces his head out of the cage door and demands hisears massaged every day! LOL

kansas wrote:
I wouldn't however, everrecommend a fuzzy toanyone!!!

Good Luck!

Raspberry

Ok thats why I asked if he was mean..:) I misunderstood what you meant. How close are you to Larned?
Now that you quote it like that,I can see how you could have misunderstood! I tried to goback and edit my post so that it was easier to understand but Icouldn't - That goofy 2 hour rule!!!

I have a dwarf Neth and had another one that recently died and neither of them were aggressive at all. They were really laid back and wanted to play around and be petted.

Now our other one which I'm assuming is a lop of some sort is a lot more aggressive and will try to bite you till you press her down or give her a tap on the nose. She recently bit our new male dwarf:(

In my experience which, is limited I have had holland lops, mini lops, flemish giants, and now I have a New zealand and an unknown.....I would have to say that I loved them all. They were all sound in temperment and let my siblings handle them a lot. My daughter is 2 and knows how to properly handle bunny. It took me some time to show her but now with supervision of course, she can handle both my buns and loves to. You've gotten a lot of good adice here but I was wondering one thing. What size rabbit are you really interested in? That might help some.

Latest posts

Back