Best Birthday Present Ever!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snufflez

Reaction score
My boyfriend built me a huge rabbit hutch for my two boys.. it measures 6 feet long, 4 feet wide and i think 4 feet tall.. it is basically a hutch surrounded but a run.. the sleeping area is 2x2.. it is big enough to get one more bunny!!! so i might be on the look out for either a Mini Rex, or Enlish Lops... or... well really it dont matter.. but i would like to show a rabbit maybe... but i will post pics tomorrow...

That's so nice! I'm jealous! I want to have lots more room for lots more bunnies!

Get a mini-rex! they are so soft and cuddly and have the cutest attitudes!

I know.. I was so excited... they just didnt seem at home at my parents after being raised on the farm with my two cats and the dog I have... Thier old hutch was in bad shape...(Stupid petstore hutch) i was afraid something was going to get them.. and i got in a an argument with his mom... but they seem happier already.. And it shouldnt rot... its all green treatedwood... YAY

Zues and Gizmo Exploring.. though i think they used the ramp yet.. hm.. might have to make it less steep...

P1020313.jpg

P1020314.jpg

They will be running all the time.. but i had him make a little door so i can lock them up if there would be bad weather.. and see the big door??? thats for me!!! i can go sit with my boys!!!! the other run i hade was too small for them to play and have me in it...

P1020315.jpg

P1020317.jpg

It is a magnificent hutch and you have a wonderful bf!!!!It looks very carefully built, it's SO big!!! A rabbit mansion!

You mentioned green treated wood, I'm not familiar with that but what sort of treatment is it? Some of the old time treatments used chemicals, I think modern treatments might not, but it may be good to check.

That is AWESOME!!! Tell your boyfriend he did a good job! The bunnies have to be loving it :)

April

That's really cool!!

Although I would suggest that it's only quite big enough for two rabbits, especially their covered area uptop. If you got another rabbit, and were to lock them all up there, that could get quite cramped ;) Especially if you got an EL, because they're huge.

I wish I could have hutches like that though! Quite amazing! Your boyfriend did a really good job ;)

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
That's really cool!!

Although I would suggest that it's only quite big enough for two rabbits, especially their covered area uptop. If you got another rabbit, and were to lock them all up there, that could get quite cramped ;) Especially if you got an EL, because they're huge.

I wish I could have hutches like that though! Quite amazing! Your boyfriend did a really good job ;)

Emily

I have to agree. Not sure that would work with another bunny. An E-Lop can get pretty big.

I am thinking of adopting a Nethie Dwarf from our humane society.. they boys are not locked up at all.. so they have a huge area. and They used to use arsenic but after there was a controversy and it was not healthy for humans.. so the new stuff is not with arsenic and is healthy my boyfirned says.

Nethie I could see. What kind of wire did you use?

it is hardware cloth i do believe... galvanized.. as for the elop.. i am gonna wait till me and my boyfriend get a house and they will be house buns... but i am thinkin the little nethie aat our humane society could come home tomorrow... for my bday.

Thats amazing! It sure is a great birthday prezzie.

It's my birthday in a week..I should drop a few hints around my family.;)Hehe. Just joking. What lucky Bunnies!

I thought green treated woods were still treated with arsenic. In Australia at least I know they are.

Yep.. they are up down up down half way up back down...lol... green treated wood here was changed when they found it not safe for humans. and right now i am forced not to adopted the little nethie girl as i am layed off right now.

Latest posts

Back