Berries after neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyL0ve

BunnyL0ve
Reaction score
Chuchu was neutered on 9/18. I tried to take a look yesterday by laying my face flat on the floor while he hopped around. I dont want to pick him up and lay him on his back unless I have to! I've half way tried and he kinda freaks out.

From what I can see they look blue! One looks larger than the other, is this normal?
I adopted him from our local Humane Society and his neuter was included in the adoption so all I had to do was take him back their for their exotic vet to do the procedure.

My dog is neutered and well, his berries were removed all together, not the same for a bunny?

I really dont want to flip him over unless I really have to. He is eating and drinking normally. Yesterday was his first day having free roam again since the procedure, he was binkying left and right up and down!

When rabbits are neutered, the testicles are removed but the scrotum is left. It does look shrivelled up when they are first done, but some do swell a bit from fluid build up. It should go down in a few days. Them being blue is not really good, they should be a normal flesh colour. I would suggest turning him over, or at least getting up to stand up on his back feet so you can get a better look. If you are concerned, call the vets. The 18th was almost a week ago, so they should not be too swollen anymore.

Do you think you could put a mirror under him to look at his bottom in the reflection of the mirror. I was considering doing that when my buns were neutered, but I never actually tried it.

All i needed to hear is that it wasnt normal. I'll wear my long sleeves when I get home and give him a good look. I think i'll try the mirror thing first though, lol thanks for the idea!!

I know one of them is flesh colored but the other looks like its bruised. Hmm. I'll give him a good look today, if I confirm what I think it looks like i'll make an appointment for him to just get it checked out.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back