Benji Went over the Rainbow Bridge :o(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayglnu13

Reaction score
I know that this is O/T but I had to talk about it.

heart.jpg

Yesterday morning I woke up and he was fine, he sang to me a usual :) Iwent down around three that day and he was fine :) It all started whenI was going to bed around 10 last night. I saw him on the floor of hiscage, and Benji never goes on the floor of his cage unless he is sick.So I picked him up and I noticed his foot wasn’t working. Some how hehad gotten a piece of my hair completely wrapped around his toesbinding them together so tightly that his foot was turning green :( (Ihave really long hair by the way, almost all the way down my back). Igot out my bird scissors and started cutting away at the hair, meanwhile he was sooo traumatized by the hair on his foot that he wasn’teven able to hold his head up :( As soon as I finished cutting off thehair I had my sister run and grab a bowl of warm water while I rubbedhis foot, to bring back circulation. After about two hours all togetherhe finally was able to move his foot, so I decided I would put a rag onthe floor of his cage and place him there and wake up every hour tocheck on him. Well about 30 minutes after that he started flappingaround violently and I rushed over there and picked him up, his heartwas beating so fast, and all of a sudden it just stopped, my poor babypassed away in my hands :(

*Good bye Benji I will see you when I come over the Rainbow Bridge*

~Amy

I'm so sorry Amy. My ferret died in myarms a few months ago and it was just horrible. Thoughts andprayers for you.

Jen

Oh, Amy!

I'm so sorry! Benji was such a pretty boy. My heartgoes out to you. I know how loving those birds are and I knowyou've really lost a special friend.

I'll say a prayer and will be thinking of you and Benji today.

-Carolyn

Awwwww Amy i am sosorry , You did agood job with him, and know heloved you , Hon it may have been a bloodclot thay broke looseand went to his little heartor lungs , Birds are sodelicate the littlest thing willcause demise . I am sosorry .

gypsy wrote:
Awwwww Amy i am so sorry , You did a good job with him , andknow he loved you , Hon it may have been a blood clot thay broke looseand went to his little heart or lungs , Birds are so delicate thelittlest thing will cause demise . I am so sorry .

Wow I never even thought of that, maybe it was because I cut the hairoff and then brought circulation back (or atleast tried to). But whatcould I have done but cut the hair off, was there another way aroundit?

:(

~Amy

Thank you every one for their kind replies it really makes me feel better :)

First Gwenivere's sudden death and now Benji's sudden death :( My poor babies :( No more sudden deaths please...

~Amy

Oh, Amy, I'm so so sorry. It's always so hardwhen a pet passes. I love birds too, and used to have one and want someagain but need to wait.

Amy, I am so sorry for your loss. Pleasedon't bother with woulda, shoulda, couldaa. It makes the loss that muchharder to bear. You did all you could. Benji knows that. You will betogether again someday. I am so sorry.

Tina

Amy, you did all that you could do to savehim. Just think about the wonderfullife that he had withyou. He knew you were trying to help him and that you caredabout him.

**"was there another way around it? "**

No unfortunatelythere was no other way to getit off you did theright thing , now nomore beating your self up you dideverything possable and you did it right.

Oh wow :( I'm so sorry. And that he passed awayright in your hands, poor dear. I'm sure you did what was right sodon't beat yourself up about it. You did all you could and I'm sureBenji knows that as well.

Awww Amy, my condolences. I know whatyou are going thru....we had both of our dogs put down 2 weeks ago, thehouse feels empty now. Benji will always be alive in yourheart

bunnee mom wrote:
Awww Amy, my condolences. I know what you are going thru....wehad both of our dogs put down 2 weeks ago, the house feels empty now.Benji will always be alive in your heart

Thanks every one for the very uplifting replies :) They have really made my day!

The little guy was one of my first rescue birds. When I got him he wasmissing 2 toes and his foot was broken, since then he had regainedstrength in his foot and was able to perch on it. Before I had him myNeighbor's sister found him flapping around in a swimming pool :shock:they took him inside and called me :) and I so glad for the 5 years wehad together. I will never forget them :)

~Amy

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know howbadly you're hurting right now. I lost one of my birds in December.It's so unbelievably hard. Sending you big squeezy hugs.

Megan

Latest posts

Back