Bella's addicted...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjpeter

Jenn
Reaction score
She's absolutely nuts over Oxbow's freeze dried strawberries. If she sees the bag, she comes running. I don't give her more than advised, but it would be so easy since she's so cute lol. :happyrabbit:

She eats just about anything (just like her mom) but these make her just a bit more nutty than other food.

What do your buns go crazy for??

Their pellets. In our house we refer to pellets as bunny crack. Thumper's breeder feeds the same pellets as I use so he has always had them. The two girls were on a different pellet and I slowly switched them over.

Thumper goes the craziest but the girls are almost as bad.

When it is time for pellets Thumper runs all around me like a crazy guy as I walk to get the pellets and as I cross the room to his cage. When I get close to his cage he then hops around inside of it and outside of it, switching between hopping and periscoping. I then have to try to time it right to quickly get his pellets into his bowl. If I don't time it right he hits my hand with his face and pellets go flying or he knocks his dish down which hangs on the side of the cage.

His pellets are stored in a plastic storage box and I can only crack the top open or he will dive in and start eating. Before I kept them in a corner that was blocked off from him between his cage and a chest freezer we have in the room and at times he would climb the open door to his cage trying to get to the pellets. Luckily he only did this when I was getting pellets out so I have always been able to lift him off the door.

And he doesn't eat his pellets he crazily scarfs them down. I'm afraid some day he will choke. And yes, I do feed him enough he just acts like he's starving. What makes this all the more shocking is that for the rest of his day he typically just lays around when not eating or grooming.

The girls also start zooiming around like crazy when I get the pellets. They will also run in and out of their cage, they run head first into their bowl as I place it back in their cage. They also at times will run into me or into each other. They did not react like that when I first got them and they were eating different pellets.

One thing that is a guarantee though...I never, ever have trouble getting any bun back into their cage. I just have to use their pellets.

Stewie goes nuts over his hay..Every morning it's a meadow grass mix and green beans ..he loves green beans :)

Their pellets. In our house we refer to pellets as bunny crack. Thumper's breeder feeds the same pellets as I use so he has always had them. The two girls were on a different pellet and I slowly switched them over.

Thumper goes the craziest but the girls are almost as bad.

When it is time for pellets Thumper runs all around me like a crazy guy as I walk to get the pellets and as I cross the room to his cage. When I get close to his cage he then hops around inside of it and outside of it, switching between hopping and periscoping. I then have to try to time it right to quickly get his pellets into his bowl. If I don't time it right he hits my hand with his face and pellets go flying or he knocks his dish down which hangs on the side of the cage.

His pellets are stored in a plastic storage box and I can only crack the top open or he will dive in and start eating. Before I kept them in a corner that was blocked off from him between his cage and a chest freezer we have in the room and at times he would climb the open door to his cage trying to get to the pellets. Luckily he only did this when I was getting pellets out so I have always been able to lift him off the door.

And he doesn't eat his pellets he crazily scarfs them down. I'm afraid some day he will choke. And yes, I do feed him enough he just acts like he's starving. What makes this all the more shocking is that for the rest of his day he typically just lays around when not eating or grooming.

The girls also start zooiming around like crazy when I get the pellets. They will also run in and out of their cage, they run head first into their bowl as I place it back in their cage. They also at times will run into me or into each other. They did not react like that when I first got them and they were eating different pellets.

One thing that is a guarantee though...I never, ever have trouble getting any bun back into their cage. I just have to use their pellets.

So funny...bunny crack lol! Bella does stick her face in the dish as I'm pouring her pellets, but that's about it.

Can I ask what kind of pellets you feed? Thumper sounds like a hoot!

Freeze dried strawberries do sound delicious. I can understand why Bella is addicted. I think my bunnies would like them too so I may have to try them sometime. They have only ever had papaya treats, which they love. Pepper loves her pellets too. At feeding time she goes crazy, gets up on her hind legs and dances!

Number 1 treat: Craisins (Promegranate infused but will soon be trying cherry infused as recommended by Imbrium's Nala & Gaz, haven't heard Norm's bunny seal of approval yet! lol). Fruit treats: Banana is probably #1 followed by dried papaya. They also like the freeze dried strawberries I get at Walmart's same place I get their Craisins. Banana must be fresh & not dried banana chips! They also love their herbs with cilantro being their favorite. They also love their pellets in their cat treat ball.

Silver goes crazy over bananas and raisins! I can make him follow me anywhere with a raisin and he will steal even the banana peel!

Oh boy, here we go.

M&M goes nuts over fresh water, yes plain old tap water but she bounces and goes right to it every day when I refresh it for her.
Sassy goes nuts over mint, can't resist the stuff.
Cali is crazy for her oat and alfalfa cubes.
Cotton just wants a pet.
Sylver loves blackberries.
BB wants her feet petted.
Skittles likes anything that smells like camphor or menthol - strange bunny.
The rest are younger so, still discovering what they like and what they need to be named. (there are 4 youngsters)

Mine also love fresh banana but won't touch the chips. They also love dried papaya, pineapple and craisins. They don't go crazy for pellets but Houdini sticks his nose in the scoop which usually means they go all over the floor ad the other two have their heads in the dish before I've put them there. They love most herbs which disappear as soon as they're put down. They can eat bare a medium sized plant in less than five minutes, I am officially now spending more on food for them than for me lol :p

Thumper certainly puts a smile on my face every day!

I feed the buns Sothern States brand pellets which are of course sold at Southern States.

I had to laugh Twig's is the same way with his pellets in the morning. The poor guy acts like he's about to die from starvation if he doesn't get them asap. You have to fill the bowl first then put it down all while he's trying to jump up your leg and trip you all at the same time. Then he'll shove his face in them and eat as many as he can fit in his mouth. The funny thing is about a minute later he still has more then half left and leaves them to eat hay. Silly rabbit.

Oh and the LOVES LOVES LOVES apples and banana's and dried papaya. My poor kids can't eat fruit in the living room without Twigs climbing all over them and even trying to stick his head in there mouths to get a bite.

Twig's is either going to be a bunny dentist or a lion tamer putting his head in the lion's mouth! lol Open wiiiiiiide! lol Need to open extra wide if you are going to get bunny ears in there!

Back