Being comfortable

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_Girl

New Bunny Mama
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask around and see how long it took your bunny to become comfortable with you.
I've had my Molly since 10/13, so very recent. She's understandably still nervous around me. I am very patient though~
She scurries away if i try to pet her. I like to lie on the ground when shes out, and she'll hop up to me and sniff me.

:)

Rabbits are so individual, it's hard to say.

My first rabbit, Scone MacBunny, was a friendly, even-tempered little guy from the day my son brought him home from a pet shop. Scone soon decided I was his human, and we were bonded for the rest of his life.

My present rabbit, Natasha Rabbitova, was a really clingy affectionate bun from the day she came to me from her first home. She wanted to be held and to cuddle up to me, and I could hardly work on the computer for her sitting in my lap.

Perhaps ironically, it was only when she stopped insisting on sitting on my lap or right next to me wherever I was that I knew she was adapting. It took her four or five months before I could tell she was really comfortable (and she stopped peeing on me all the time).

Some are instantaneous and others take any where from a couple of days to a couple of months. Ours are all rescues, so none have had good experiences before coming to us, but they are amazing, adaptable little creatures.

Yeah my first bun was a loner, so while he wouldnt be around me so much he was never skittish (sadly he became skittish after neutering). My other bun was outgoing from the get go. Personalities definitely factor in.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I've had my bun for about a month now and he is starting to get comfortable withe me but he still runs sometimes when I go to pick him up. We are slowly making process... :)

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

I've had my bun for about a month now and he is starting to get comfortable withe me but he still runs sometimes when I go to pick him up. We are slowly making process... :)

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

*progress

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

We've had Pepper for a month and she's exactly the same. Mostly friendly, but skittish if she thinks you're going to pick her up. (Getting her into her cage can be a challenge... :p) She loooooves to be pet, though, so I foresee a time in the future after she's come to trust us when she'll want to sit with us and be pet.

Rue

Latest posts

Back