behaviour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Again, the bunnies are confusing me, I will take this as a good sign.

When I go up to their hutch and put my fingers through the holes theycome running up. They now like to get stroked along the side of theirface, like with a single finger. However,one have startedgetting a bit rougher and now trys and trap my fingerbetweenhis chin and chest.

They never bite, never scratch so I am hoping this is affection? Orcould it be that I am annoying him? :shock:

I'm not sure but it almost sounds like the bunny was trying to mount your finger. Are your bunnies fixed or intact?

I guess as long as you weren't scratched or bit, it's all good, right? :)

Blyre

I believe I read somewhere that sticking yourfingers into a bun's cage isn't too good an idea, and that you couldend up with a bite. I'll look around to be sure my info iscorrect, though! :)

they havent been neutered yet. I dont no if hewas trying to mount. i've seen how they do it to each other. he didnttry to rise up or anything.

I thought that it would be a bad idea at first but so farthey have never bitten or scratched but thats not to say they wont.

i am confused. again

Ok, my best advice is to check out a few of thesites that can be found in the Communication and Language thread in theRabbit 101 section in this forum (site below).

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12051&forum_id=17

Here's one that has LOTS of information and is great...

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

I hope all these help. Lol...I was just trying to write thisreply, and got all caught up in about three differentarticles!

We're always here for you...through any and all of the things your bunny decides its time to start doing. :)

Thanks!! Those pages were brilliant.

I think it could have been a few thins. Either he was marking me as his territory by marking me with his scent glands.

He could also be telling me to groom him.

Or he could just be showing signs of affection

But again thanks for those links. they were really good!!! :bunnydance:

Oh, you're so welcome! Glad theyhelped!! So it sounds like you have nothing to worryabout. I know what you feel like, though...I cringe just abit whenever Maisie's mouth goes near my hand. Lol...she bitme accidentally through my jeans once (tasting them) and I haven'tforgotten it (and I'm sure my leg hasn't either...lol). Poordear hasn't really approached my lap since my screech in reaction toit! She didn't bite hard enough to draw blood...it was just apinch, but my leg had a mark from it for a few daysafterward. :) It's ok, though...it's not horrible,just surprising.

But, in my own bravery, I do pet her cheeks (where her whiskers are)every now and then. She's so sweet...she lets me pet herears, too. She's just happy to have my attention and love...Idon't think she ultimately cares WHERE I pet her, as long as my handstays there! :D

Aren't bunnies wonderful? *sigh*:bunnydance:

Apart from the smell ( my mum hates it!!) they are the cutest. Soooooo soft. and soooooo affectionate!!! awwwww:inlove:

my baby bunny also smell so sweet! its thenicest smell!! dunno what it is but its so cool to hold him him undermy chin to stroke him cos he smells so nice!

Flower still has a stinkiness to him from how hewas when we first rescued him, but within the month, he should startsmelling sweet again. Poor baby...:(

Latest posts

Back