Behavior Changed - Ideas Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alliefan

Reaction score
My Flemish is 10 months, fixed and free roaming. She has done great being litter box trained ... I have always been proud of that.
I moved 2 weeks ago into a smaller place and I expected it to upset her. I have a german shepherd and I'm very conscious to keep her out of my bedroom since that is where my bunny' litter box is and she considers that room hers.
Now though, she pees in my bed almost every day at least once. I use vinegar and baking soda to clean and I keep my linens washed. But she still does it.
Yesterday and today she ran out of my room, into the living room where I was sitting, nipped me and started digging on me, then ran back to my bed and peed.
I'm trying to be patient and diligent with cleaning and keeping her litter box cleaned out at least once a day but I'm wearing thin.
Ideas??

A new place and she is probably feeling insecure and so wanting to make sure to mark her territory. The nipping and digging is also probably a result of her insecurity. Maybe don't be so diligent cleaning out the litter box as it may help settle her to have her scent around more. The bed, you may need to cover it with a waterproof cover for now, add a blanket with her scent on it, or putting a litter box up there might work too. The digging and nipping, you might need to spend more time with her, giving head rubs, or whatever helps comfort her, until she has settled in and settled down.

Back