Behavior around strangers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viola

Reaction score
Hi Bunlovers,
My fawn dwarf lop is about three months old, he is very energetic and curious, and loves to jump. I work from home, so I'm around him all day and he gets a lot of attention. If it's just us, he's happy around my feet, but if anyone else is there he will jump on my lap, purr, demand to be petted, and dig at my clothes if he doesn't get it. He'll stay there until he's sure the person is gone, even falling asleep there. Protective? Possessive? Scared of strangers?

Socializing him with other rabbits hasn't been successful, I wouldn't have him on his own otherwise, will try again when he's a little older.

Hi. I would guess he is probably being possessive with a touch of scared of strangers. Socializing with other rabbits can be a challenge until they are neutered. I would expose him to various situations while he is young so it's less likely he will be as afraid of things when he is older. To a rabbit, their people are part of the territory to be defended. Good luck. :)

Latest posts

Back