Begging bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyRabbits

Reaction score
So my bunnies are worse than dogs when it comes to begging ( actually its more like theyattack me when they see I have food )

It never fails..everytime I bring something in my room to eat they both smell it and come over to me..but they wont just sit there and beg they will literally crawl all over me...Spirit will actually get up close to my mouth because my breath smells like what I'm eating and sometimes I even think she might take a bite out of my lip or something lol..( she tries to get IN my mouth..I think if I opened it she would stick her whole face in there! ) I usually dont mind it because they are absolutley adorable and it makes me laugh..but it can get pretty annoying after about 10 minutes of them crawling all over me and me moving the food from one side to the other to the other ...to keep them from getting it..( they gang up on me both at the same time so it makes it harder to keep the stuff away ) should I discourage this behavior or just let them be adorably annoying? They arent being agressive or anything they are just greedy.. I thought I let my kids walk all over me..but these 2 have given that statement a whole new meaning :blushan:Its hard to be serious about making them stop when I'm laughing so hard at them..espically when Spirit is nose to nose with me trying to get in my mouth..how can ya not laugh at that!

Hmm I meant to post this in the nutrition/behavior section but somehow it ended up here..sowwy!:p

I made this caption out of a pic of Tony and Muffin trying to get Cheezits from me. This is their usual reaction to us eating Cheezits, so I know what you mean. :panic:

128648683881661236.jpg

It might be best to discurage it, because if they go after one of your kids who is eating lets say, a hot dog, and actually get it out of their hand then they could get sick =/
Cute pic, Claire.

My rabbits are beggers too! Especially Bruce! You don't even have to have food and he will beg!

Oh my gosh, Claire...that is just too cute!!!

I might have to save that onto my computer...it's just too funny!! (Would that be okay with you?)

tonyshuman wrote:
I made this caption out of a pic of Tony and Muffin trying to get Cheezits from me. This is their usual reaction to us eating Cheezits, so I know what you mean. :panic:

128648683881661236.jpg
l
lol I loveeee this picture! That is exactly what I was talking about ( lol is thelight brown one going for your mouth? Idk wether that's Tony or Muffin sorry )

It can get hard to keep stuff away from them both when they have joined forces with each other to steal my snack..I'm convinced they plotout their plan at night whenI'm sleeping where one will distract me and the other goes for the prize...never knew bunnies were so smart =)

They have never bitten me or my sons and thankfully both of themare pretty laid back and never agressive ..but they definitley get over excited when food is involved

Hehe, no prob. It's been on lolbunnies, so it's officially in the public domain.

That is Muffin going for my mouth, probably because of the smell of Cheez-its on my breath! They would lick the crumbs off me if I would let them. (rolls eyes)

Latest posts

Back