Before this site..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
I fed Babii chicken and potatoes (my neighbor told me she did that to her ratties, and so I guessed bunnies were the same)

Thank god for you guys lol!

Anyone do something silly before they came here?

This website gave me the support and knowledge I needed to keep Chase alive when 2 different vets thought she should need to be put to sleep. I truthfully believe without this website I would have believed they knew what was best. This website helped me to keep fighting for her. And 2 years later she is here happy and loving life. If you asked her, she would never know she is sick. When my vet told me I was crazy when she was eating dry wall, it is the members here who gave me the courage to push my vet. I could never thank the members of this website enough for what they did for not only me, but for Chase. There are so many knowledgable members here who are willin to take time out of their day to help us and our buns. This is a great website!

did she eat the chicken?....i was in a hurry one time and i was rushing out the door but had to feed my old dog Piggy and the buns ..well i fed piggy a hotdog as a treat ..well somehow Flashie got the hotdog and Piggy got the parsley...i came home that night and flashie was still pushing the hotdog around his cage with his nose and looking at me like..."U actually think im gonna eat this thing?"

Did your dog eat the parsley? (it cures bad breeeeth ;) )
and yes, Babii loved the chicken. Not the potatoes though (Mum mashed them with milk and butter though)
Also, the pet store I got her from, told me to feed her hamster food... so I did that for a good year and a half.

I didn't do anything silly, lol. I did a LOT of research before I got my rabbits.

The only thing I did do differently than I do now was not give the buns veggies. They get salads every night now. :p

You feeding your rabbit chicken before made me remember this dream I had where I fed Solara ham, and she had black tar coming from her mouth. o.e It was scary, lol

Brandy456 wrote:
Did your dog eat the parsley? (it cures bad breeeeth ;) )
and yes, Babii loved the chicken. Not the potatoes though (Mum mashed them with milk and butter though)
Also, the pet store I got her from, told me to feed her hamster food... so I did that for a good year and a half.
Nope Piggy always had bad breath...hehe
hamster food and chicken...hm..crazy just craZy:)

hmmi did alfalfa hay as much as timothy hay cause their both free...i fed bad pellets...and little cages...and hmm...and the bad lettuce and to many carrots

probably not nearly enough hay, but i did do a lot of research before i got Jezz (first bunny was kind of a rescue from my bfs family who didnt really look after her at all, all she got was pellets and water, so as soon as i started taking care of her she got hay as well, and some carrots too)

I probably would have done something silly if I hadn't done SO much reading and research beforehand. That's just what I do before I get any 'pet'. I had to wait a week for Benji because he was still at the vets (where he'd been abandoned after being attacked) so I had the entire week to read up and research. Tbh that was ALL i wanted to do that week. I was so excited I couldn't even sleep. Bought tonnes of books- Rabbits for Dummies being one of them- read lots of sites like The House Rabbit Society, and Language of Lagomorphs and made a list of 'bad' foods to avoid.
Of course, I am still reading and learning now, 4 years on! This site has been one of the most useful things possible to me, giving me something a book cannot provide!

The day after I got Benji I came down and there was a pool of blood-coloured liquid. I went absolutely into stress-mode and phoned the vets immediately, took in a sample, and found out it was just urine (changed colour most probably from the stress of moving environments). So I think I overreacted and it seems quite a simple thing now, but I had NO idea at the time that bun's urine could change colour, even depending on their diet etc.

Also. I will admit to something too. I had never owned a bunny before Benji- always hamsters, gerbils, dogs etc. so I wasn't completley used to holding them, as can be expected.
A few days after I got him, I was carrying him down the garden to put him into his run. He squirmed (most probably because he didn't feel secure as I wasn't holding him 'properly') and flew out my arms. Landed on the grass and started hopping and kicking his feet back at me. Then he just looked at me. I leapt onto the floor and missed him. He just stood there. And I was laying on the grass, he was sitting a few feet from me. Just looking at eachother. It was an incredibly bizarre moment that seemed to last for minutes, but in reality probably was only a few seconds. Then he walked off, very slowly, as if he was a little confused. Then I grabbed him lol.

Needless to say, after that I VERY quickly learned how to hold a bunny!!!!!! (Benji specifically, because lots of bunnies prefer certain ways, and others prefer different ways).

Jen

Back